The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olympic Women's Soccer

ckamo

I am still so incredibly livid at the officiating.

I don't want to put the tinfoil hat on, but that game seriously looked like there were shenanigans.

I've played soccer for over 20 years, and not once have I ever seen a ref call that be it in real life, or on TV. Ever.

The ref will give the goalie a verbal warning first if the ref deems the goalkeeper is deliberately wasting time.

The fact that Hope Solo held onto the ball for longer on 3 separate occasions is laughable.

frack, I can't believe how pissed I am, especially after Sinclair's heroic performance.

Just heard on CTV that the Canadian Women's team is being investigated for possible player's suspensions after the comments that were made about the official after the match.

Sinclair and Tancredi were mentioned by name.

An absolute travesty unfolding here. :sadno:

:towel::canucks:

Just heard on CTV that the Canadian Women's team is being investigated for possible player's suspensions after the comments that were made about the official after the match.

It was also mentioned on the same CTV report that Wambach stood near the referee on a number of occasions and counted seconds off to her. On the call in question, apparently when Wambach had reached a count of 10 the ref blew her whistle to award the indirect free kick on McLeod.

Someone, earlier in this thread, was calling the Americans "classy", even naming Wambach by name. If she did, indeed, do this counting, it is about as far from classy as you can get.

It was also mentioned on the same CTV report that Wambach stood near the referee on a number of occasions and counted seconds off to her. On the call in question, apparently when Wambach had reached a count of 10 the ref blew her whistle to award the indirect free kick on McLeod.

Someone, earlier in this thread, was calling the Americans "classy", even naming Wambach by name. If she did, indeed, do this counting, it is about as far from classy as you can get.

In other news, Melissa Tancredi now being accused of stomping on Carli Lloyd's face...

I'm not sure any member I the USWNT has commented on it but the US media sure seems to have grabbed hold of it. Videos are on YouTube if you want to see the play in question.

That would have been me. And I will say here what isaid elsewhere, my respect for Wambach doesn't diminish at all ecause of this. In her post game interviews she gave a lot of credit to Canada for their great game.

She did admit to counting out loud near the referee to let her know she felt McLeod was taking too long with the ball. I don't fault her for trying to get the referee to get the ball in play, I blame the referee for te way it was handled.

In other news, Melissa Tancredi now being accused of stomping on Carli Lloyd's face...

I'm not sure any member I the USWNT has commented on it but the US media sure seems to have grabbed hold of it. Videos are on YouTube if you want to see the play in question.

The counting out loud is just another form of whining to get the call. I can't handle all the whining and diving and embellishing that goes on in sport today. It really pisses me off.

Whining is not classy, IMO.

Archived