The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olympic Women's Soccer

ckamo

This is getting ridiculous.

I started watching the game at around 20 minutes and up until the half, the calls were favouring Canada. I don't think it was a particularly strong referee but the bad calls she was making were even. It was unfortunate that the ones against Canada came at inopportune times.

There is a difference between holding onto the ball a few seconds too long when backs are turned and the ref is heading up field compared to counting the seconds while everyone is waiting for the play to begin. It's not a common call and there are reports that the Canadian goalie had been issued a warning and for all anyone knows, maybe Solo was too.

If you want to really dissect the loss, start with a player scoring on a corner kick and work your way out from there.

http://www.ctvolympi...-the-score.html

I don't know the rules of soccer at all, but I don't think the Canadian fans are complaining about the free kick calls that happen throughout the game. They are talking about the free-kick call in the 18 yard box on a bogus call that has never been called to everyone's knowledge.

Again I don't know the ruling on the hand-ball call, but from what I read it seems that it was the wrong call again, Also earlier the game the US has a blatant handball in the 18 yard box that wasn't called.

There is a difference between holding onto the ball a few seconds too long when backs are turned and the ref is heading up field compared to counting the seconds while everyone is waiting for the play to begin. It's not a common call and there are reports that the Canadian goalie had been issued a warning and for all anyone knows, maybe Solo was too.

And USWNT fans AREN'T talking about it right now because they won, but if Canada won they'd be calling for Pedersen's head too...but instead they are calling Sinclair a sore loser (who btw, is usually very soft spoken and doesn't complain)...go figure.

But see how it looks to people that follow Women's Soccer outside of Canada.

Leading up to the game, Canada was complaining about the US using "illegal" tactics in their set pieces.

Afterwords, they are complaining about the officiating.

This is the perfect time for Canada to show how professional and gracious they are by going at France as hard as they can, and keeping their mouths shut in doing so.

But see how it looks to people that follow Women's Soccer outside of Canada.

Leading up to the game, Canada was complaining about the US using "illegal" tactics in their set pieces.

Afterwords, they are complaining about the officiating.

This is the perfect time for Canada to show how professional and gracious they are by going at France as hard as they can, and keeping their mouths shut in doing so.

I'm going to have issues falling asleep tonight. Still can't believe what happened. A loss would have been ok but to get utterly screwed over like this?! It's painful as heck... Still so proud of the team. Can't wait for Burnaby to announce a "Christine Sinclair Field" or "Christine Sinclair Street". Permanently enshrined as a legend.

Just watched some post-game comments from Abby Wambach. Classy lady.

Can't wait for Burnaby to announce a "Christine Sinclair Field" or "Christine Sinclair Street". Permanently enshrined as a legend.

This is getting ridiculous.

I started watching the game at around 20 minutes and up until the half, the calls were favouring Canada. I don't think it was a particularly strong referee but the bad calls she was making were even. It was unfortunate that the ones against Canada came at inopportune times.

If you want to really dissect the loss, start with a player scoring on a corner kick and work your way out from there.

http://www.ctvolympi...-the-score.html

You are an idiot. The longest Solo held the ball is nearly double what our goalie did. Warning or not, the rule can not be called at will of the ref. British media reported this is the 1st time this rules has been used in the over 100 year history at the Olympics.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense, the 7th ever game this women has ever reffed, she is going to call something that has never been called in over 100 years of Olympic play.

To people outside of Canada, they also thought Canada got screwed. #CanadaGotRobbed was trending in Australia and the UK after the game. The British media has actually brought up the term "fixing" more so than our media. You are just trolling. No on agrees with you, yet you keeping fighting a fight that is annoying everyone. Get a life!

Unfortunately, there were some poor decisions by the Canadians today. They offered the Americans a few easy corner kicks by clearing it towards the end of the field when they had space to maneuver. Kyle had a two-on-one opportunity with Sinclair and opted to shoot from long distance as well. The Canadians didn't exactly play a perfect game, but they had a chance. Poor decisions, slow decision making, and an unfortunate third goal resulted in the loss. Three of the four goals were due to mental mistakes. Goal 1: poor defense and goaltending on the corner kick; goal 2: the defense sitting back and allowing Rapinoe so much time to gauge her shot; goal 4: failure to clear the ball twice in the dying seconds. Sinclair fought for all three of her goals, but it seems the team handed the Americans three of their own.

Oh well. We'll have another opportunity to support them on Thursday.

Archived