#211 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

Posted Image

I think we can call it even now after CAN's Tancredi steps on the Carli Lloyd's face, don't you think?

Nope...but it may make up for when Wambach stomped on a Canadian defender's ankle in front of the Canadian net during injury/extra time.

Japanese counting leading to a goal will make up for the douchebag U.S. counting though.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#212 gurn

gurn

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:52 AM

" it's quite clear her foot accelerates downward."

Gravity can do that.

#213 Not Alain Vigneault

Not Alain Vigneault

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:52 AM

Refs aren't superhuman. They make mistakes, really bad ones too. Happens in every sport.

Stupid decision and and stupid timing but grow up. Tancredi, Sinclair and the bunch gave it their all but some of the comments had "piss, poor loser" written all over it. Telling the ref to sleep well, wearing an American jersey? You deserve to lose with comments like that.

Next time, learn the damn rules and don't concede four goals?

What say you?

#214 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

.....and the Norwegian referee is finished for the tournament. Hmmmmmmmmmm, wonder why? Incapable comes to mind.

She was unlikely to referee either game anyway I think.

#215 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

Refs aren't superhuman. They make mistakes, really bad ones too. Happens in every sport.

Stupid decision and and stupid timing but grow up. Tancredi, Sinclair and the bunch gave it their all but some of the comments had "piss, poor loser" written all over it. Telling the ref to sleep well, wearing an American jersey? You deserve to lose with comments like that.

What say you?

Troll?

They aren't saying those things two days later. They said those things in the heat of the moment.

I bet you defended Burrows after Auger-gate. Now you are just trolling.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#216 jannik freaking hansen

jannik freaking hansen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

What say you?

By that logic, then the US shouldn't "deserve to lose" as well? What with comments such as "We made her (Sinclair) look good" by Solo and "I don't think they were a fit as we were... I saw them on the ground more … [My goal] was the last second of the game, it was about who is the fittest, who is the strongest, and we showed that.", by Morgan. Plus I guess Morgan's memory fails her because it was the American defender, Buehler, that went down with cramps in extra time allowing for the Americans to hoof the ball out of danger after one of the Canadian girls played it into touch to sportingly allow her to be treated by the physio. The only time our girls went down was seemingly because they took American boots to the ankle or foot, and when Scott had her knee bent back by an American challenge (yet she still got back in less than a minute after leaving the pitch, very gutsy on her part).

Hell I think you'll be pleased to know your sentiments are being shared by the "much revered" Damien Cox. If the American players shut the frack up after the match and didn't go on about how great they were, I would have no beef with them, yet this is not the case.

As far as rules go. McLeod knows the rules. The fact of the matter is this is never called. Did she hold onto it too long? By the letter of the law, yes, by the spirit, no.

#217 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

POPULAR

It was more than just ONE bad call.

For instance:

-The US team was getting away with pushing our players, while ours were getting called for it. A team that averages to be 10lbs heavier and that several other national teams have complained that they get away with pushing down opponents should not have less fouls

-Several times in the game the ball appeared to be out of bounds for a Canadian throw in, just for the game to continue

-The first American goal should not have counted, you can't push a player into the goalie, and leave the keeper unable to make a play on the ball.

- It is NOT a PK, if on a close distance FK the players hands are with in their body, and they are protecting themselves.

-A goalie handling the ball for over 6 seconds has NEVER been called in over 100 years of soccer at the Olympics

-Hope Solo averaged holding the ball around 8 seconds, with the longest being 12 seconds

-An American had a handball in the US PK area that was 10 feet away from the ref, that was CHOSEN not to be called(that or the ref was blind)

Need I go on?

#218 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

It was more than just ONE bad call.

For instance:

-The US team was getting away with pushing our players, while ours were getting called for it. A team that averages to be 10lbs heavier and that several other national teams have complained that they get away with pushing down opponents should not have less fouls

-Several times in the game the ball appeared to be out of bounds for a Canadian throw in, just for the game to continue

-The first American goal should not have counted, you can't push a player into the goalie, and leave the keeper unable to make a play on the ball.

- It is NOT a PK, if on a close distance FK the players hands are with in their body, and they are protecting themselves.

-A goalie handling the ball for over 6 seconds has NEVER been called in over 100 years of soccer at the Olympics

-Hope Solo averaged holding the ball around 8 seconds, with the longest being 12 seconds

-An American had a handball in the US PK area that was 10 feet away from the ref, that was CHOSEN not to be called(that or the ref was blind)

Need I go on?

Don't forget countless challenges that could have been called for a US FK.
Including one where Matheson makes a challenge on Wambach (might have been Morgan) to the right of McLeod by the corner right by the 18yd box. Matheson takes the US player down, no contact on the ball.....ball is still is Canada's.
The whole game was littered with terrible officiating. Absolutely sucks that the result was directly affected by the ref.

FIFA "marks" each ref after each game and that is how they decide who to pick to officiate important games like these....so HOW is it that a ref that just seems so damned incompetent get the call for a big game?

Edited by ckamo, 08 August 2012 - 07:12 PM.

#219 tylenol

tylenol

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

"FC Edmonton fans counting out loud every time opposing GK has the ball. It would be funny if Canadian fans did that against France. #CanWNT"
Rooney

#220 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

"FC Edmonton fans counting out loud every time opposing GK has the ball. It would be funny if Canadian fans did that against France. #CanWNT"

I think it should become a Canadian Footy Tradition...

At every match involving a Canadian National or Canadian-based pro team, supporters should count the seconds aloud and do the "Tomahawk Chop" on every count...

"One... Two... Three... Four..."

:towel: :canucks:

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

#221 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Who's all getting up at 5am tomorrow?? I am going to try my best.
Posted Image

#222 Not Alain Vigneault

Not Alain Vigneault

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

@CoN
I'm not trolling. I can understand athletes being very livid and fired up after a game they feel is stolen. The difference is, you don't need to be calling out officiating and anything else to say you lost a game, no matter how bad it affects the game.

Let's take our beloved Canucks for example. Game 6 in the Mad House in 2011, Bolland gets away with numerous slashes, Hawks get an ice cleaning on an icing, numerous missed calls, Canucks lose in OT. Besides MG's comments a day later giving some of the statistics, none of the Canucks players reacted the way the Canadian women did.

Quote from Henrik: "I'd rather see us lose this way than lose 7-2 or whatever"
Quote from Lou "They were down 3-0 and came back and played a hell of a game and beat us 7-2, so they found a way. Now, it's our turn to respond."

Ref made a terrible call but its in the rules, unethical or not. It tied the game, didn't win it.

-------------------------------

@JFK

Not saying the Americans are in a better position. Their comments weren't warranted and it was absolutely classless to chirp their opponents who nearly beat them and had a lead on them numerous times. But did you expect anything less from a team as conceited as they are?

-------------------

Just a quick question: How many of you would have frowned upon with this phantom rule had Sinclair pulled it out?

Still unethical, still uncharacteristic...

#223 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

You mean had Canada pulled it out? I probably would have been pissed but everyone would likely have moved on by now if Canada was in the gold medal game.
The Americans on the other hand would be up in arms about the poor officiating (and rightfully so). Whoever lost that game was going to have beef with the ref. It was just that bad.

#224 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

Who's all getting up at 5am tomorrow?? I am going to try my best.

I'll be up, pimpcurtly!

If you can make it up to Dawson Creek in the next 7 hours, you can watch the match at my place. I'll even cook ya breakfast! :lol:

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

#225 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

I'll be asleep. :(

#226 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

I'll be up, pimpcurtly!

If you can make it up to Dawson Creek in the next 7 hours, you can watch the match at my place. I'll even cook ya breakfast! :lol:

Lol not sure I could make it considering the last ferry to the mainland has long since departed. I guess it'll just be honey nut cheerios for me :lol:
Posted Image

#227 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,063 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

What say you?

Dude, don't bother. Let them have their little hate-on.

#228 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:54 AM

game about to start. hope they can bring home a medal.
Posted Image

#229 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

Ugh, it's times like these I wish Vancouver was on the east coast.

#230 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:27 AM

Lol Bougaddi (FRA keeper) tripped by her own player coming out on a challenge, too bad Tancredi couldn't put that one away. McLeod making a good save just seconds later.

#231 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:17 AM

Our ladies are not playing well at all. This is some pretty horrendous football.

The back line is a complete mess. If France had any sort of finish we'd be down at least a couple of goals.

Edited by Jai604, 09 August 2012 - 06:20 AM.

RIP LB RR PD

#232 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:32 AM

My god, Nault is just having a horrendous game.

RIP LB RR PD

#233 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:45 AM

I want to know who taught the French ladies how to shoot, lol. :picard:

They can't get over the ball, shooting technique is all wrong, lol.

RIP LB RR PD

#234 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

Sinclairdown in pain after being on the receiving end of a bad challenge.

#235 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:47 AM

GOAL!.
Posted Image

#236 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:47 AM

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

RIP LB RR PD

#237 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:48 AM

Diana Matheson picks up the garbage!!!!

By the way, what in the blue hell is Kyle doing there, lol, she was a good 5 metres offside, no idea what the hell was going through her head there hahahaha

Edited by Jai604, 09 August 2012 - 06:48 AM.

RIP LB RR PD

#238 Hat Trick Maker

Hat Trick Maker

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,255 posts

YYEESSS!!!

#239 Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

I knew that was going to happen!

France missed chance after chance and they paid for it.

#240 MaxLapierreAwesomeFace

MaxLapierreAwesomeFace

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

STEAL THAT BRONZE : ) CONGRATS GIRLS!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.