The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Thinks Kesler's Best Days Are Behind Him? Say I!

Pasific Coluseum

This guy has had more injuries in the last year than I care to imagine. His point production has sharply dropped off. Its like he can't catch a break. I will absolutely amazed if he reached 30 goals this season.

Anyone else think he might drop down to 3rd line next year if we get a legit 2nd line center? I hope he bounces back but this being out till October thing has me freaked out. I also wouldn't object to trading him right now if we could bring in a legit superstar or even a Lupul & Colburne for Kesler & Schroeder

Even during his injured season he managed to put up 50 points? That's not bad for a second line center. What do you want from the guy.

We've just gotten spoiled having our second line center be a 40 goal scorer.

Even if he's just a 30 goal scoring, 60-70 point guy, it still puts him up there with the best second line centers in the game.

Jesus f..

Are Edler's best days behind him too? The fact is players are not going to play up to their potential every year. Especially when they're injured. Players are going to have bad games, bad seasons, bad playoff series. Such is pro sports. It's reality

Not necessarily directed @ the OP. He is simply proposing the question. But people do believe this I'm sure

This guy has had more injuries in the last year than I care to imagine. His point production has sharply dropped off. Its like he can't catch a break. I will absolutely amazed if he reached 30 goals this season.

Anyone else think he might drop down to 3rd line next year if we get a legit 2nd line center? I hope he bounces back but this being out till October thing has me freaked out. I also wouldn't object to trading him right now if we could bring in a legit superstar or even a Lupul & Colburne for Kesler & Schroeder

Kesler's best days (40 goals, near PPG average) are likely behind him IMO. He gets a tonne of his point production on the PP though, so he'll still put up some points, but I don't think at the 40 goal level. 30 goals, maybe, but not 40.

That being said, so what? Just ask the San Jose Sharks who they'd rather have, 100 point regular season but No-show in the playoffs, or 70-80 pt, but best playoff performer?

Also, Lupul/Colborne for Kesler/Schroeder = are you high?

So in your mind Kes is worth a superstar in return, but he's not good enough to score 30 goals next year??

Kesler + Schroeder for Lupul + Colborne??

Please don't make any more threads after sippin on Gin n' Juice.....please.

I can understand how people can not let go of Kesler, like I dont wanna see Luo leave. BUT face it Kes' is so prone to injury that at the start of season he wont be there. He will still be recovering. This will be the 2nd year now that he has had surgery. I saw on RSNet that he may be ready for the start but to me this says that he is going rush recovery and come back as to not look incapable of starting a season.... he should recover fully then come back and regain my faith in him a top forward (edit-Centre) in this league...As of right now...he is just an injury prone player trying not to show his colors to the league or the canucks.

When Kesler was re-signed. We were not suppose to expect 73-75 points out of the second line center. He completely overachieved but it's because he was playing on the first power play unit with the Twins. They helped each other get better, and Twins and Kesler both hit insane numbers. He developed a shot, a year ago which really helped him with 40 goals, but it has then vanished. Perhaps, we have lost it. Maybe not? Who knows but when the Canucks re-signed Kesler. Realistically, the expectations for him was to be a 50 points guy, who can shut down the best players. I don't think that has or should change.

The problem is that, people also thought that he would make his teammates better. Last year, all he did was take Raymond-like shots. It's time for him to play his old game again, and know the role of being a sniper when he plays with the Twins, and be more of a play making center when he is centering the second line. Teams paying your wingers quite a bit of money so that, the team can have secondary scoring. It's up to Kesler to get them going, because up until last year. He was our MVP because he did everything and pushed everyone to be better. That's what we need to see.

Who is the Superstar in return? Lupul? Please......... I think you be sippin'

to the O.P. No.....his best days aren't behind him. Don't expect him to play at "Beast" level day in and day out and you can relax a little and realize he's still one of the top 2nd line C's in the game.

yes, i think his best days are behind him. i would love to be proven wrong but thats my opinion.

i do not think he will get close to 40 goals again. 25-30 would be my prediction. i think his injuries affect his play way too much and i dont think he will fully recover. added on that people have figured out the way he plays, I just dont see him being the 40 goal scorer we saw two years ago.

is he a selfish, shoot first guy? who knows..we shall see this year.

ps. i really dont think he should come back for the season opener. if he is rushing himself yet again...i hope he stays away till he is 110%

2 years ago was a career year. I doubt he'll reach those highs again. But by no means is he done as being one of the premier 2nd line centres in this league.

Yeah, he gets injured a lot. But he also will win games single handedly a lot. I'll take the good with the bad.

Edit: Also, isn't it "Say aye"?

Archived