The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Thinks Kesler's Best Days Are Behind Him? Say I!

Pasific Coluseum

If he stays healthy, absolutely not. He's not some old geezer and when he's healthy and in shape he's still one of our best players. He's had a few injuries but if he takes his time to get back to full health he should be fine. Also he hasn't had a huge number of injuries, just a few big ones that needed surgery which took a while to recover from. Like I said he should take his time to et in shape.

I'm not worried about if he hits 40 goals ever again, or even worried about him getting 70+ pts, my expectations are not for him to be that guy he was 2 seasons ago. HOWEVER, my worries lie in him not making his wingers any better, not being an efficient playmaker, and potentially dragging down the second line, which I feel he may have done last year. I recall a lot of wrist shots and "do it myself" type of plays last year from him, and while players like booth and Raymond get somewhat of a pass for also doing that cause they're wingers, a center needs to be able to create a play. Burrows and Danny would not be putting up the goals and numbers they do without the playmaking of henrik (even evident when Danny was injured). I'd much rather have a line with two wingers with tons of goals and a center with tons of assists, instead of a center with tons of goals and two wingers with minimal points or "off" years. Major Point production and goals are not my worry for kesler, it's staying healthy and being able to make his second line wingers better and Playmake. As far as I see it, booth, or really most players on our second line, aren't going to excel if kesler keeps doing it himself and taking wristers.

He was a solid 1st line center in his prime 41 goal, 70 point season but last year he reverted back to an average 2nd line center with a 20 goal, 50 point season.

Hopefully he can get to a 20-goal, 60 point season and become more of an assist man to get Booth back up to the 30-goal mark. Either way, our 2nd line should be able to score 70 goals, whoever it comes from. I would like to see 20 from Kesler, 20 from Higgins and 30 from Booth as opposed to 40 from Kesler and 15 from the other 2.

This guy has had more injuries in the last year than I care to imagine. His point production has sharply dropped off. Its like he can't catch a break. I will absolutely amazed if he reached 30 goals this season.

Anyone else think he might drop down to 3rd line next year if we get a legit 2nd line center? I hope he bounces back but this being out till October thing has me freaked out. I also wouldn't object to trading him right now if we could bring in a legit superstar or even a Lupul & Colburne for Kesler & Schroeder

OP,

P

u

h

l

e

a

z

!

Sure, he may have flopped around too much in the playoffs but when he's focused (AND HEALTHY) he can still rediscover the beast form which he found in his 75-point season with the playoffs where he carried us on his back. Of course, if he had a passing winger that would really help the line function better as a unit, but then again having a take-charge center like him is no problem.

Even during his injured season he managed to put up 50 points? That's not bad for a second line center. What do you want from the guy.

We've just gotten spoiled having our second line center be a 40 goal scorer.

Even if he's just a 30 goal scoring, 60-70 point guy, it still puts him up there with the best second line centers in the game.

Mark my words, EVERY player returning from the cup loss will have a rebound year.

The hunger aches, the batteries charged

I love Keslers passion, wish he would take some of it out of the diving and put it into his passing and shot accuracy.

I don't see him getting back to 40 goals and he won't likely get too much better defensively (though he may), so in short, yes I think his best days are behind him, BUT that doesn't mean he will suck now. I think he still has at least 5 more years of 20-35 goals and 45-65 points with solid defensive play, therefore he'll still be a great player.

I believe kesler has the potential to have another great year he just needs to get healthy again I'm hoping Kesler sticks with us for his entire career as he is one of my favorite players on our team. As for Luongo he is done with the canucks as he's mentioned I prefer Schneider for his consistency, Which means we can fill some gap with a nice trade for luongo even if it's a trade loss we can still make the cap space out of it. I would like to see Raymond get traded I didn't like his performance all last season and that may be because of his injuries but I've been wanting him to be traded for the last 2 years now he's costed us a few games and he looks lost on the ice at times, I think we could of gotten alot more for cody hodgson but don't get me wrong Kassian has alot of potential and I'm excited to see this kid develop. Only other thing I can see we need more is Shane Doan coming here would really help our team alot "fingers crossed" that he chooses us!

This guy has had more injuries in the last year than I care to imagine. His point production has sharply dropped off. Its like he can't catch a break. I will absolutely amazed if he reached 30 goals this season.

Anyone else think he might drop down to 3rd line next year if we get a legit 2nd line center? I hope he bounces back but this being out till October thing has me freaked out. I also wouldn't object to trading him right now if we could bring in a legit superstar or even a Lupul & Colburne for Kesler & Schroeder

Archived