The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Thinks Kesler's Best Days Are Behind Him? Say I!

Pasific Coluseum

I think he could be a good 3rd line shutdown center (Bolland) from now on. It's ridiculous how much Canucks fans overrate him. His defense wasn't great last season, and people think he is still one of the best defensive players in the nhl, because he won a Selke 2 seasons ago. He only had 49 points last season, and he wasn't very inconsistent. I doubt he will ever get 60 points again, but he could be a great 3rd line center.

In your own words, "he wasn't very inconsistent", LOL you lost all credibility there and destroyed your own stupid argument and point that you were trying to make, congratulations ret@rd

PS - you just technically said he is consistent with your double negatives, I thought I should tell you this because you're probably not capable of understanding

The reason he wasn't much of a contributor to the team last year was because he wasn't 100% half the time. No matter how many games he misses at the start of the season, I just want him back 100% healthy. We don't want him to get injured or miss some more games. He won't be a 40 goal scorer, but I would be happy if he somehow manages to get around 30 goals and around 60 points being healthy for an entire season.

This guy has had more injuries in the last year than I care to imagine. His point production has sharply dropped off. Its like he can't catch a break. I will absolutely amazed if he reached 30 goals this season.

Anyone else think he might drop down to 3rd line next year if we get a legit 2nd line center? I hope he bounces back but this being out till October thing has me freaked out. I also wouldn't object to trading him right now if we could bring in a legit superstar or even a Lupul & Colburne for Kesler & Schroeder

Jesus f..

Are Edler's best days behind him too? The fact is players are not going to play up to their potential every year. Especially when they're injured. Players are going to have bad games, bad seasons, bad playoff series. Such is pro sports. It's reality

Not necessarily directed @ the OP. He is simply proposing the question. But people do believe this I'm sure

NOooo don't say that! I expect that every player should have a career year every year. This way the Sedins should 200 point seasons the year they retire, Kelser should then be scoring 80 goals, Burrows gets 65, Raymond get 60 (snicker), etc....Oh and Schneider better be going 82-0 w/o breaking a sweat with a .999 save % and no more than a 0.5 GAA.

This guy has had more injuries in the last year than I care to imagine. His point production has sharply dropped off. Its like he can't catch a break. I will absolutely amazed if he reached 30 goals this season.

Anyone else think he might drop down to 3rd line next year if we get a legit 2nd line center? I hope he bounces back but this being out till October thing has me freaked out. I also wouldn't object to trading him right now if we could bring in a legit superstar or even a Lupul & Colburne for Kesler & Schroeder

The 2010 Olympic performance and 2011 playoffs increased his profile. Which resulted in much more attention from opposing teams. Add to that the fact Kesler dishes it out too and since Daniel was out it limited the 1st line, just makes Kesler that much more of a target.

Kesler's best days are not behind him. His days as a checking forward who had space to counter attack because teams underestimated his offensive abilities are.

<p>

I have an issue with folks who keep saying that Kesler can't pass. He got 50 assists 3 seasons ago. You don't get 50 assists if you can't pass the puck. I can't deny he looks to shoot first, but, he can and does pass the puck well. Watch how many of his passes are not buried by his wingers.

Kesler hasn't been fully healthy for more than what, a week or so maybe since the Nashville series. Hip and shoulder are two tough injuries to play through. He's obviously not been 100% for a long time. So to say he's in decline, that's stupid, injured does not mean in decline, would you say Crosby is in decline? No, of course not, he's been injured! What is wrong with you people?

Archived