The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Thinks Kesler's Best Days Are Behind Him? Say I!

Pasific Coluseum

I've noticed that you are always contrary and often hyper critical of the Canucks, their players and/or the management. In this case, you are so off base it's not even funny.

I understand that your team sucks now and it's far more interesting for you to invade CDC and do some trolling. Ryan K would easily be a 2nd line center on the Ducks as well as most other teams. I guess you are think Getzlaf could only be a 3rd line winger after the season he just had. The gig is up Paul. Your posts are the proof.

I am not sure what to expect this next season, who knows how many games there will be. But Keslers best days are not behind him. People tend to forget or overlook all the other intangables he brings. All those who just look at points with Kesler are only seing half the story. 30 goal season with a 2nd line center who plays power play, penalty kill and can mute the other teams best offensive players in a playoff is ok in my books.

How am I a Ducks fan?? Just because I like Kariya and Lindholm I am a Ducks fan?? Plus, why would a Ducks fan hate the Canucks?? Saying Getzlaf sucks is useless to me, because personally I couldn't care less about them. Kesler could probably challenge Getzlaf for the 1st line center spot on the Ducks next season, both are just 2nd liners with the season they just had.

Kesler is our dark knight, The Captain the team needs and deserves, but not the captain the team wants. However he'll never stop being a captain, even without the C on his sweater he will still lead.

I think he could be a good 3rd line shutdown center (Bolland) from now on. It's ridiculous how much Canucks fans overrate him. His defense wasn't great last season, and people think he is still one of the best defensive players in the nhl, because he won a Selke 2 seasons ago. He only had 49 points last season, and he was very inconsistent. I doubt he will ever get 60 points again, but he could be a great 3rd line center.

This guy has had more injuries in the last year than I care to imagine. His point production has sharply dropped off. Its like he can't catch a break. I will absolutely amazed if he reached 30 goals this season.

Anyone else think he might drop down to 3rd line next year if we get a legit 2nd line center? I hope he bounces back but this being out till October thing has me freaked out. I also wouldn't object to trading him right now if we could bring in a legit superstar or even a Lupul & Colburne for Kesler & Schroeder

I. He will play better than the aweful, brutal, horrific, terrifying, depressing play that was last season. He was a 3rd liner. He can't drop any lower. But he will never duplicate that amazing season he had 2 years ago. Should have traded him for J.Staal while we had the chance. Flame me all you want.

I want to be wrong.

yes, i think his best days are behind him. i would love to be proven wrong but thats my opinion.

i do not think he will get close to 40 goals again. 25-30 would be my prediction. i think his injuries affect his play way too much and i dont think he will fully recover. added on that people have figured out the way he plays, I just dont see him being the 40 goal scorer we saw two years ago.

is he a selfish, shoot first guy? who knows..we shall see this year.

ps. i really dont think he should come back for the season opener. if he is rushing himself yet again...i hope he stays away till he is 110%

Archived