Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 5 votes

Who Thinks Kesler's Best Days Are Behind Him? Say I!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
182 replies to this topic

#91 darnucks

darnucks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

Jesus f..

Are Edler's best days behind him too? The fact is players are not going to play up to their potential every year. Especially when they're injured. Players are going to have bad games, bad seasons, bad playoff series. Such is pro sports. It's reality

Not necessarily directed @ the OP. He is simply proposing the question. But people do believe this I'm sure

NOooo don't say that! I expect that every player should have a career year every year. This way the Sedins should 200 point seasons the year they retire, Kelser should then be scoring 80 goals, Burrows gets 65, Raymond get 60 (snicker), etc....Oh and Schneider better be going 82-0 w/o breaking a sweat with a .999 save % and no more than a 0.5 GAA.

#92 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

NOooo don't say that! I expect that every player should have a career year every year. This way the Sedins should 200 point seasons the year they retire, Kelser should then be scoring 80 goals, Burrows gets 65, Raymond get 60 (snicker), etc....Oh and Schneider better be going 82-0 w/o breaking a sweat with a .999 save % and no more than a 0.5 GAA.

lol
AUmxe4h.gif
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

Go Canucks Go!

#93 Sedinry

Sedinry

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

This guy has had more injuries in the last year than I care to imagine. His point production has sharply dropped off. Its like he can't catch a break. I will absolutely amazed if he reached 30 goals this season.

Anyone else think he might drop down to 3rd line next year if we get a legit 2nd line center? I hope he bounces back but this being out till October thing has me freaked out. I also wouldn't object to trading him right now if we could bring in a legit superstar or even a Lupul & Colburne for Kesler & Schroeder

god your an idiot. Where is the -1 button again?

Kesler is a freaking god when he's healthy and motivated which other than this year has always been true.

#94 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

Best post ever Sedinry :towel:
Posted Image

#95 SimplyHockey

SimplyHockey

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

This guy has had more injuries in the last year than I care to imagine. His point production has sharply dropped off. Its like he can't catch a break. I will absolutely amazed if he reached 30 goals this season.

Anyone else think he might drop down to 3rd line next year if we get a legit 2nd line center? I hope he bounces back but this being out till October thing has me freaked out. I also wouldn't object to trading him right now if we could bring in a legit superstar or even a Lupul & Colburne for Kesler & Schroeder

Goes to show you can make a negative out of anything
"If you win say nothing, if you lose say less."

#96 Sedinry

Sedinry

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

Best post ever Sedinry :towel:

I do my best:)

#97 Canada Hockey Place

Canada Hockey Place

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

The 2010 Olympic performance and 2011 playoffs increased his profile. Which resulted in much more attention from opposing teams. Add to that the fact Kesler dishes it out too and since Daniel was out it limited the 1st line, just makes Kesler that much more of a target.

Kesler's best days are not behind him. His days as a checking forward who had space to counter attack because teams underestimated his offensive abilities are.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

#98 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

I am a Canucks fan, and just because I am not a homer and overrate all of our players like most of you, doesn't mean that i'm a troll.

I've noticed that you are always contrary and often hyper critical of the Canucks, their players and/or the management. In this case, you are so off base it's not even funny.
I understand that your team sucks now and it's far more interesting for you to invade CDC and do some trolling. Ryan K would easily be a 2nd line center on the Ducks as well as most other teams. I guess you are think Getzlaf could only be a 3rd line winger after the season he just had. The gig is up Paul. Your posts are the proof.

#99 RWMc1

RWMc1

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

<p>

I have an issue with folks who keep saying that Kesler can't pass. He got 50 assists 3 seasons ago. You don't get 50 assists if you can't pass the puck. I can't deny he looks to shoot first, but, he can and does pass the puck well. Watch how many of his passes are not buried by his wingers.

It's not that he can't pass, it's that he chooses not to far too often. When LA collapsed around their net, we had no answer. Booth and Kesler's shots from the rush were ineffective to say the least. He needs to work more with his line-mates like he did in his 50 assist season. He as much as admitted it when he promised to work on plays with Booth in the off-season. His 5-on-5 assists have declined alot since then. His best days are still ahead of him though. He is perceived as a leader, so he better lead by example with his team play. That would go a long way in increasing his stats.

Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Champions 2015/16 So let it be written, So let it be done!

My Cup Runneth.  Get your crap together; go get it and bring it here!! Now!!!

Cupquester "Who is that horrible little twerp?"

#100 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

Kesler hasn't been fully healthy for more than what, a week or so maybe since the Nashville series. Hip and shoulder are two tough injuries to play through. He's obviously not been 100% for a long time. So to say he's in decline, that's stupid, injured does not mean in decline, would you say Crosby is in decline? No, of course not, he's been injured! What is wrong with you people?

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#101 Walkin'2929

Walkin'2929

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

We haven't seen close to the best yet from Kesler. That is, if he can stay injury free, learns to pass the puck as a "team player", and quits yapping and diving. He's got tons of potential, we just need to see it.

#102 PaulKariyaALH

PaulKariyaALH

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

I've noticed that you are always contrary and often hyper critical of the Canucks, their players and/or the management. In this case, you are so off base it's not even funny.
I understand that your team sucks now and it's far more interesting for you to invade CDC and do some trolling. Ryan K would easily be a 2nd line center on the Ducks as well as most other teams. I guess you are think Getzlaf could only be a 3rd line winger after the season he just had. The gig is up Paul. Your posts are the proof.

How am I a Ducks fan?? Just because I like Kariya and Lindholm I am a Ducks fan?? Plus, why would a Ducks fan hate the Canucks?? Saying Getzlaf sucks is useless to me, because personally I couldn't care less about them. Kesler could probably challenge Getzlaf for the 1st line center spot on the Ducks next season, both are just 2nd liners with the season they just had.

Edited by PaulKariyaALH, 24 July 2012 - 03:00 PM.

#103 taib mahmud

taib mahmud

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

If he goes under the knife one more time ..... it's definitely over.

#104 KillerOrca

KillerOrca

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

Not at all.
Posted Image

#105 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

I am not sure what to expect this next season, who knows how many games there will be. But Keslers best days are not behind him. People tend to forget or overlook all the other intangables he brings. All those who just look at points with Kesler are only seing half the story. 30 goal season with a 2nd line center who plays power play, penalty kill and can mute the other teams best offensive players in a playoff is ok in my books.

#106 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

Ney.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#107 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

Goes to show you can make a negative out of anything

Yes . We can spin anything from any angle if we choose.
Posted Image

#108 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

How am I a Ducks fan?? Just because I like Kariya and Lindholm I am a Ducks fan?? Plus, why would a Ducks fan hate the Canucks?? Saying Getzlaf sucks is useless to me, because personally I couldn't care less about them. Kesler could probably challenge Getzlaf for the 1st line center spot on the Ducks next season, both are just 2nd liners with the season they just had.

Can't beleive you just said that. The so-called homers have been stating that Kesler is a 2nd line center and are hoping he will remain so for many years to come. Nobody has suggested that he is a 1st liner. He is playing at a higher level than was expected of him when drafted. Big win for the Canucks.

Now, off you go to whatever team you cheer for. Bye!

#109 The Ghost of Tom Joad

The Ghost of Tom Joad

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

I feel like this thread is going to be like the "Burrows, do we need him?" thread in 6 months.

#110 logic

logic

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Kesler is our dark knight, The Captain the team needs and deserves, but not the captain the team wants. However he'll never stop being a captain, even without the C on his sweater he will still lead.

Sasuke_Signature_by_robstylz.png

the_man_on_the_moon___paul_pogba_by_yupp

#111 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,472 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

I feel like this thread is going to be like the "Burrows, do we need him?" thread in 6 months.

It took a few years but we finally have a challenger.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#112 logic

logic

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

I think he could be a good 3rd line shutdown center (Bolland) from now on. It's ridiculous how much Canucks fans overrate him. His defense wasn't great last season, and people think he is still one of the best defensive players in the nhl, because he won a Selke 2 seasons ago. He only had 49 points last season, and he was very inconsistent. I doubt he will ever get 60 points again, but he could be a great 3rd line center.

Yeah okay bud. And you wonder why people think you're a joke..
Kesler was ranked the the third best all around center, behind Crosby and Datsyuk. Be happy we even have him as our second line center, he's a first line center on most teams...

#113 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,125 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

Yeah okay bud. And you wonder why people think you're a joke..
Kesler was ranked the the third best all around center, behind Crosby and Datsyuk. Be happy we even have him as our second line center, he's a first line center on most teams...

Who did the ranking? :blink:

Press the Panic Button! arrow.small.up.gif

Signature-canuckmunkey.jpg
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl, Steve Montador
Sig by .CM.

#114 LukaMui

LukaMui

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

These are the times when i wish that we could trade "fans" in the off season.

NHL Free Idiotcy begins July 1st. TSN full coverage beginning at 8:00AM EST.

#115 Sbriggs

Sbriggs

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

He only had one good year really so I would put him together with Luongo and make our return worth it

#116 Sbriggs

Sbriggs

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

Did you just say Kesler isn't a legit 2nd line center???? We're talking about a guy who won the Selke two years ago here.

Yup I am saying that for sure I rather see him on the 3rd line

#117 logic

logic

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

Yup I am saying that for sure I rather see him on the 3rd line

You clearly know nothing about hockey then...

#118 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

I. He will play better than the aweful, brutal, horrific, terrifying, depressing play that was last season. He was a 3rd liner. He can't drop any lower. But he will never duplicate that amazing season he had 2 years ago. Should have traded him for J.Staal while we had the chance. Flame me all you want.

I want to be wrong.

#119 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

yes, i think his best days are behind him. i would love to be proven wrong but thats my opinion.
i do not think he will get close to 40 goals again. 25-30 would be my prediction. i think his injuries affect his play way too much and i dont think he will fully recover. added on that people have figured out the way he plays, I just dont see him being the 40 goal scorer we saw two years ago.

is he a selfish, shoot first guy? who knows..we shall see this year.

ps. i really dont think he should come back for the season opener. if he is rushing himself yet again...i hope he stays away till he is 110%

A bone head like Kesler wait till hès fully recovered,you gotta be kidding right !

#120 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

Who did the ranking? :blink:

Probably the idiots of cdc.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.