Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Line Juggler

Mike Gillis Analytics - Province Sports

28 posts in this topic

What? You mean they're not considering a deal involving Raymond Ballard and a 1st? They must not be doing their job.

When Gillis first came in, there was a lot of 'Moneyball' talk. And also a lot of 'Bold Moves' talk. The parallel ideas have led to a lot of articles and debate that help us get through long, non-event off-seasons.

Thanks?

Holy analytics, Batman. So that's why he always looks so tired...

So according to that theory, all we are missing is a no.1 defenceman?

Weber :sadno:

I'm sure the hard numbers are available in a very easy to view format, with lots of visuals/charts/graphics against KPIs. They're probably using decent Business Intelligence software and feeding several datacubes with lots of relevant multidimensional data. They'd be able to break down and analyze any metric they wanted, within seconds, which is perfect for that type of ad-hoc analysis.

good read. I hope Gillis doesn't take a bunch of "good" players for luongo. go for the "great" player

Hamhuis and Edler say hi! don't be fooled by their bargain cap hits 2 of the best in the league.Also doesn't hurt to have great character in Bieksa And welcome to Garrison who went from being one of the top shut-down d men to one of the highest scoring d men in the league in 2 seasons . I'd say we don't need Weber and the offer sheet he signed is ridiculous I hope nashville laughs all the way to the draft for the next 4 seasons.

No way guys, Gillis is stupid because he didn't give Weber an offer sheet, he totally would have come to Vancouver and Nashville never would have matched because Weber is from B.C.

Am I doing this right?

I don't know why but that worried me..............He thinks too much.

I would like a bit more gallus judgment and designed objectivity. It is almost like he thinks that players need to conform to some preconceived system rather than selecting players to play roles designed to win.

Could this be why he doesn't address our weaknesses? I used to think it was because he couldn't commit to players but now I wonder if it is because he doesn't accept there are weaknesses only system malfunctions.

No way guys, Gillis is stupid because he didn't give Weber an offer sheet, he totally would have come to Vancouver and Nashville never would have matched because Weber is from B.C.

Am I doing this right?

I wonder if this system has numerical success when just factering in playoff success. I dont mind being a team that dominates the regular season consitantly but there is a trophy goose-egg I like to see removed before I die.

He's just basically saying that Hodgson is garbage

Good read, I think we're lucky to have the GM we have. Ownership too.

He's just basically saying that Hodgson is garbage