The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jamie Benn offer sheet coming? (Eklund)

In general offer sheets have ben rare, but with the Shea Weber signing and the obvious CBA uncertainty, there have been quite a few recently...What I have found usually happens in these cases is the player will often sign with his team shortly after the offer sheet rumor hits the airways..

Why? Well of course it is because I am so bloody powerful...OBVIOUSLY.....OR it could be the team and the player are at a crossroads and both sides decide against the offer sheet concept and get it done.

more to come with major rumor update shortly

Even though this probably is BS, Benn somehow make sense. He's a winger but he's capable of playing center too, so he can fill in when Kesler is injured. He's the Powerforward we don't have, and he's from BC, and we all know that Gillis really like BC players. And Gillis has said that he wants to get younger.

I can see Gillis being intrested in Benn, especially if we don't get Doan. But he will probably cost a lot more than this guy claims is on the board. Don't think Dallas is too keen on letting Benn go either, unless it would be something special.

Archived