The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Predators Match Offer Sheet To Captain Shea Weber

Expected.

PHI was stupid and tried to force NSH hand. Weber got want he wanted = $$$. NSH has it's captain and #1D (Norris trophy candidate every year) for the next 10-14 yrs. NSH just needs to upgrade the forward scoring depth. They will be scary if they ever get some legit snipers there.

As cocky and full of himself that hockeyinsiderr guy on twitter is, he's been calling stuff left right and center, he called this yesterday, called the Nash deal a couple weeks ago, and has gotten many others....but the dude needs to be a little more humble and stop acting like a brat

Oh, shut it.

Nashville's a very respectable NHL franchise. It's not their fault that they operate in a marketplace where hockey takes a back seat to football, basketball, and baseball (as it does in all other US cities).

Give me Nashville's management & scouting over ours, any day of the week.

correct me if i am wrong, but after year one of weber's new contract, can he not be traded?

it is clear that weber got the money and length of term he wanted, but is nashville truly his desired location?

following next season, would it be that far out of the question to see nashville trade weber, kind

of like in the NBA with all the "sign and trade" feals that occur.

i know it is unlikely after the amount nashville will pay weber in that one year alone, and i know it seems even more unlikely given the fact weber could have just signed a one year deal and then tested free agency, but with the new CBA coming soon, who knows if a 14 yr/110 mill deal could be signed.

who's to say weber is actually happy in nashville? is it still plausible he becomes a canuck down the road? maybe even next offseason.

i assume weber, along with the preds organization dont want this to turn into a kyle turris type of ordeal.

thoughts?

everybody loses. Weber for being a douche and not signing a 1 year offer sheet and testing the free agency next year, Philly for being Philly and losing out, and Nashville for not having dealt him (or Suter) when they had ample time all last year and prior to trade deadline, draft, or July 1.

Gillis was right. The only way to get Weber out of Nashville was to convince him to sign a one-year offer sheet.

Other than the threat of losing him for nothing, there was no way that Nashville was going to let Shea go.

As cocky and full of himself that hockeyinsiderr guy on twitter is, he's been calling stuff left right and center, he called this yesterday, called the Nash deal a couple weeks ago, and has gotten many others....but the dude needs to be a little more humble and stop acting like a brat

Archived