The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Predators Match Offer Sheet To Captain Shea Weber

Unbelievable!! Just rebuild already, they could have just shopped the 4 first round picks for better players, or kept them and pulled a Pittsburg or Edmonton and build through the draft.

I feel bad for Weber too, he obviously wanted out, now he's stuck for atleast another year if not more. He can always demand a trade but who would take that contract?

Weber can cry all he wants, the underhanded, cowardly crap he pulled was pathetic, strip him of the "C" and sew on "G" for greed.

The have you by the sack now you big dumb goof.

And stuck on a team that still makes the playoffs as is today at the cap floor?

How is this not one of the best managed teams in all of pro sports.

Unbelievable!! Just rebuild already, they could have just shopped the 4 first round picks for better players, or kept them and pulled a Pittsburg or Edmonton and build through the draft.

I feel bad for Weber too, he obviously wanted out, now he's stuck for atleast another year if not more. He can always demand a trade but who would take that contract?

I don't have a problem with any of this. I'm sure Weber had plenty of offer sheets to choose from. Weber and his agent probably looked over all of them and discussed the future implications of what would have happened if he took one over another, including the likelihood of Nashville matching. Based on the report that he wants a NTC/NMC, Weber basically wanted some sort of stability rather than going year to year waiting to see how many of the other 29 teams would make a pitch for him. He hit a homerun, is it Weber's fault Holmgren offered him an insane offer sheet?

Weber chose the money and opportunity to be with a winning organization. I don't blame him for doing what he's done. But to come back to the Preds now and demand a NTC looks foolish on him. But hey...you don't get if you don't ask...so why not try.

It's funny though how CDC can turn on someone in an instant. A few days ago I had to sift through a hord of "Come home to BC Shea" threads...now he's a greedy, wining SOB who'll probably hear the boo birds next time he hits town with the Preds.

Was shea on the record as saying he wanted to leave? He obviously knew the repercussions of what would happen. I think from the outside looking in he just wanted to be compensated fairly and cash in on one of the last front loaded mega deals. Where did this idea that he wanted out come from? Maybe he said it but I haven't seen any postings. This is a team that lowballed the crap out of him last summer offering 4.5 mill. You think he wanted to go arbitration again? He may have gotten 8-9 mill from the arbitrator. I bet many teams woulda given him 14 mill for the year. Offer sheets are for the players to get them fair contracts. Good for Weber. I hope he got what he wanted and won't demand a trade.

Weber asking for a NTC just shows that he had no intention of ever resigning with Nashville. He purely just wanted to cash in before the new CBA was put into affect and was willing to risk being stuck in Nashville for the time being if Nashville matched the ridiculous offer. Adding a NTC to the contract would just let Weber dictate where he would want to be traded to in the near future. That might help the Canucks were Weber to list them as one of them teams he would accept a trade to but it would likely decimate the return Nashville would get and end up being no different than not matching the offersheet.

If Nashville adds a NTC fire Poile on the spot. If he were so concerned about a NTC then he should of waited a year or resigned with Nashville.

edit: I also think Weber is going to pull a Nash in 2-3 years and say he is "tired" of losing and wants to be traded which is why he needs the NTC.

Weber can cry all he wants, the underhanded, cowardly crap he pulled was pathetic, strip him of the "C" and sew on "G" for greed.

The have you by the sack now you big dumb goof.

And stuck on a team that still makes the playoffs as is today at the cap floor?

How is this not one of the best managed teams in all of pro sports.

everybody loses. Weber for being a douche and not signing a 1 year offer sheet and testing the free agency next year, Philly for being Philly and losing out, and Nashville for not having dealt him (or Suter) when they had ample time all last year and prior to trade deadline, draft, or July 1.

Archived