The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lapierre in top shape!

406281dylan

I wasn't too impressed when we picked Lapierre up. I knew his history and I didn't really want him on the Canucks. But when he came here, he cleaned up his game and stayed as effective as ever. He still chirps a lot, but we never saw the dirty plays that he used to make, and he's dropping the gloves more and more on the ice to back up all the trash talk. At this point, how can you not be happy with Lappy?

The problem for Lappy is that he is a quality 3rd line guy but on a Stanley Cup contender he is an amazing fourth liner. I hope he signs long term as he is a great asset to this team. He will play atleast on the 3rd line until Kesler comes back, we need another Center in a trade. I don't think it will be Weiss, probably someone out of the blue. I'm not sold on Colborne, Kadri would be much preferred. He seems like he needs a new start. If we trade with Florida (obviously Luongo is in with these deals) I think we'll end up with Matthias(not bad) and hopefully a fairly good prospect (Howden or Bujisted?) and Theodore or Clemmenson if they still have him. Matthias could be a good fit for the third line once Kesler comes back but he has never seemed to break out, possibly the Canucks is what he needs.

awesome. you can't ask for anything better than for the current roster to keep trying to improve. people are so worried about who we ought to get and keep forgetting that if the players we have work hard and come together when the time is right e.g. LAK then we have a great team that could go all the way.

People have to stop relegating kassian to 4th line duties, even gillis said look for him to have more of an impact next season, and from what has been said, it seems like he's training really hard. 21, huge, physical, major skill potential, the guy should be in the top 6 mix, at the very least top 9. Here's my ideal lineups

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian/Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Doan

Hansen - Lapierre - Burrows/Kassian

Higgins - Malhotra - Weise/Raymond

And that is without knowing what well receive for luongo and IF we sign Doan

Maxim lapierre is a guy who trys to perfect himself more and more every year apparently lapierre is 221lbs of muscle right now looking to lose 6 lbs for the season, meaning he will be heavier on his feet this year and he will be listed anywhere from 8-10lbs bigger then last year. He was talking on on the radio in MTL a couple days ago saying that he wants to remain fast but get stronger, he also says that Vancouver is where he wants to play in the years to come. I am more and more impressed with lappys commitment to the team. What do u guys think?

http://www.hockeybuz...-Wars/164/45764

He should invest in some boxing lessons. I love that he'll stand up for team mates, but he tends to get the tar beat out of himself.

He's a great fourth line player who I wouldn't mind seeing centering the third line. Reminds me of a bigger early version of Burrows.

He should invest in some boxing lessons. I love that he'll stand up for team mates, but he tends to get the tar beat out of himself.

He's a great fourth line player who I wouldn't mind seeing centering the third line. Reminds me of a bigger early version of Burrows.

I'm fine with Lapierre not chirping as much, as long as he keeps smiling like he does :bigblush: Keeping the other team unhinged is one of the skills he brings to the game. The other team failing to focus on the W because they're too distraught over Lapierre Chesire-catting them, is good news for us.

I'm not holding my breath for Doan, not that I don't think he doesn't think he'd do well here, just that there's a lot of big-money flying around these days and our team simply doesn't have the cap space to match any of those contracts. I wouldn't fault the guy for taking the windfall and playing somewhere else for the twilight of his career, let's not forget that he's 35 and will be running out of on-ice career life, so a retirement plan has to be on his mind.

Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen does sound like a dangerous 3rd line, like a WCE-light, especially if Raymond can return to the form he had two seasons ago.

Archived