The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) A more realistic Van-Fla trade

PaulKariyaALH doesn't know anything about what Luongo's true value is as he is a Luongo hater. Luongo and Tanev could easily get Weiss as Tanev replaces Garrison, and we get a temporary (perfect) replacement for Kesler while he's out.

I'd trade Luongo for Matthais + 1st.

Not the best deal but I think Matthais can fill the role of 3rd or 4th line centre. Lapierre and Matthais can battle it out 3rd line centre spot. I have him pegged as a 3rd line centre with a top potential as a 2nd line centre. Really depends on how he develops...much like how Kesler has steadily improved over the years.

OK lets look at this Luongo return from Florida for another angle. What did Florida receive from us 6 years ago? Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan Allen and Alex Auld. Lets look at the facts. Bert played 7 games with Florida. Lets not argue bout what should've or could've been with Bert in Florida, end result 7 games as a Panther. Auld, he played 27 games with Florida. Allen did the best, he managed to last 5 seasons there. So you guys are telling me, Florida is gonna give up more now to get back the same goalie they traded 6 years ago then what they got for him? It's not gonna happen esp now when he's 6 years older and most likely on the decline.

Archived