Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

if the canucks do sign doan, this is my biggest worry...and it isnt probably what you think

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#61 The Architect

The Architect

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

stop putting higgins in your top 6 proposed lineups.

we wont win a cup with him in top 6.

sedin-sedin-doan
booth-kesler-kassian
burrows-lapierre-higgins
hansen-malhotra-matthias

edler-garrison
hamhuis-bieksa
ballard-tanev

C. Schneider
E. Lack

THAT is a cup winning lineup.
Sig too big.

THANK YOU P R O L I F I C for the incredible signature!

#62 WEEWILLY01

WEEWILLY01

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

Shane Doan is yesterdays news. The Canucks are on a youth rebuilding program so why would they sign that old fossil. Besides, just because he's from BC doesn't mean he automatically wants to play in Vancouver. Kinda reminds one of the Shea Weber assumption. Look where that got us = egg all over our faces!!!..........HA!!!.................

#63 WEEWILLY01

WEEWILLY01

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

stop putting higgins in your top 6 proposed lineups.

we wont win a cup with him in top 6.

sedin-sedin-doan
booth-kesler-kassian
burrows-lapierre-higgins
hansen-malhotra-matthias

edler-garrison
hamhuis-bieksa
ballard-tanev

C. Schneider
E. Lack

THAT is a cup winning lineup.

HA, what a hodge podge of mediocrity. None of those duds will ever bring Stanley to Stanley Park, HA!!!!!!.....

#64 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

Shane Doan is yesterdays news. The Canucks are on a youth rebuilding program so why would they sign that old fossil. Besides, just because he's from BC doesn't mean he automatically wants to play in Vancouver. Kinda reminds one of the Shea Weber assumption. Look where that got us = egg all over our faces!!!..........HA!!!.................

:picard:
Posted Image

#65 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

Shane Doan is yesterdays news.  The Canucks are on a youth rebuilding program so why would they sign that old fossil.  Besides, just because he's from BC doesn't mean he automatically wants to play in Vancouver.  Kinda reminds one of the Shea Weber assumption.  Look where that got us = egg all over our faces!!!..........HA!!!.................

Doan is not from BC so wipe said egg off your own face.

#66 JPizzle

JPizzle

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

So , if he wants to "win a cup" so badly as some of you are saying , why is he interviewing Montreal then?

#67 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:10 AM

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#68 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

if the canucks do sign doan (which would be great...if its no more then two years) my biggest worry is would his heart still be with the phx/wpg organization. i know he would play hard and be an effective player but would that little extra push be left in phx. when sundin was here all i kept hearing was "sure, he is canucks but his heart is still in toronto", there is no shame in that because of all the blood, sweat and tears these two guys put into both of their teams.

virtually what im asking is "would the exact same player we saw in phx, be the one we would have in the canucks line up?"

i have my doubts just because of how loyal he is to phx organization but i also know how much of straight up guy he is through and through

so i dont know, only time tell if he does indeed leave his home sweet home..

I guarantee wherever he signs, it'll be more than 2 years. If you wanna be in the running you have to be offering at least 4 years and I wouldn't be surprised if the team that gets him offers 5 years. He doesn't want to move again. This will be his last team

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.