The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Speculation] Bernier to Leafs?

if bernier goes to TO...i dont see the luongo trade happening. i dont see us getting full value back for luongo if the only destination is FLA or even Chicago. They will know Gillis is trying to unload luongo.

so...are we in for another Luongo-Schneider tandem...great...

Schneider: 50 games

Luongo: 32 games

Luongo being traded is dependent on so many other deals happening or not happening in time.

The Doan show, Bernier, etc.

I for one would not be surprised to see Luongo in a `Nucks uniform come the beginning of the season.

If this were to happen, I don't necessarily believe the only two remaining destinations for Luongo would be Chicago or Florida; perhaps on his list they are, but that's only for now.

Obviously Luongo's trade value goes down if it comes down to Chicago and Florida, but Gillis has stated that it is possible to start the season with both goalies, which is very possible at this point. Unless Lu expands his list, he will have to wait until the trade deadline to go to either Florida or Chicago, thus driving his price up.

Again, this all depends on whether or not the Leafs actually get Bernier.

If the Leafs get Bernier that will be a great move for them, even though they have two unproven goalies they are both young and can battle for the number one job, and there is nothing wrong with some healthy competition.

if bernier goes to TO...i dont see the luongo trade happening. i dont see us getting full value back for luongo if the only destination is FLA or even Chicago. They will know Gillis is trying to unload luongo.

so...are we in for another Luongo-Schneider tandem...great...

Schneider: 50 games

Luongo: 32 games

Anyone can have a twitter account. Its not a legit source just because its on twitter. It needs to written by a legit source, then put on twitter.

The leafs dont need Bernier. He is over rated and they already have Reimer who is as good as Bernier in my opinion.

Leafs need a solid NHL ready goalie. Not another project.

Archived