Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Unprecedented Greenland Ice Melt Stuns NASA Scientists

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
260 replies to this topic

#91 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

Yes, people who go on about how Humans are the problem blah blah blah just Die already....and Sometimes they might melt we only been looking at it for 100 years. agian I'm not concerned, less ice is better. it'll get cold again in a few months. this just surface ice which most of melts every year that sheet is miles thick... not losing sleep over it but go ahead don't use a plastic bag do your part.

I'm actually amazed a human being can wedge his head that firmly up his ass. :picard:
Posted Image

#92 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

Odd to go that far over the top when in fact methane gas releases from cows are in fact a significant contributor of greenhouse gases what with methane apparently being 20x as effective at keeping in the heat as CO2.

Also, a pure insult is certainly not on topic nor is it considered respectful. If you want to call out others for not following board rules consider leading by example.

Posted Image

And if people want to say foolish things, without doing even a modicum of research, like a cursory Google search, before spouting foolish nonsense, then they'll be made to look foolish by their own words, as Mr. Lincoln suggested.

If you want to console him for saying foolish things, then be my guest....you've already seemingly appointed yourself his knight in shining armor.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#93 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,748 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

I'm not denying climate change.. I know it changes, that ice has melted before. I'm not worried. but again I don't know how many times I have to say this. If all the people who think Humans are the problem will kill themselves to lead the way to change then and only then will I think you are serious about your cause. Otherwise you're all just a bunch of hypocrites and polluting the Earth.

I didn't think it was possible but we have a new winner for stupidest post in this thread award. Why did it win you ask? Well readers, this post has a bit of everything a complete lack of understanding of basic science, a self serving I'm better then you attitude and best of all it encourages mass suicide. This last ones a new one for me and really goes far to show the posters true charector. For his "efforts" can someone please give this man a prize. I'm suggesting perhaps a tinfoil hat to go with his collection.

Play Clash on Clans on your phone? Join the CDC Clan "happycanuck".

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#94 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

Odd to go that far over the top when in fact methane gas releases from cows are in fact a significant contributor of greenhouse gases what with methane apparently being 20x as effective at keeping in the heat as CO2.

Also, a pure insult is certainly not on topic nor is it considered respectful. If you want to call out others for not following board rules consider leading by example.

Thanks Ron but I have him on ignore and so I wouldn't have even seen his insult . I cannot take him seriously.I advise you don't either.

Ripping others apart as you see by that post. There was no need for it. He WANTED to do it unprovoked.

Its called from Narcissistic personality disorder. Check it out for yourself.

http://en.wikipedia....nality_disorder

Edited by Drybone, 25 July 2012 - 03:54 PM.

Posted Image

#95 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

How about some Thorazine to go along with it? :blink:
Posted Image

#96 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

Thanks Ron but I have him on ignore and so I wouldn't have even seen his insult . I cannot take him seriously.I advise you don't either.

He hates his life and lives to rip others apart as you see by that post. There was no need for it. He WANTED to do it unprovoked.

He suffers from Narcissistic personality disorder. Check it out for yourself.

Nope. Just pointing out the inherent foolishness of your previous comment.

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#97 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

How about some Thorazine to go along with it? :blink:

Is that stuff good with Froot Loops?
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#98 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

Ripping others apart as you see by that post. There was no need for it. He WANTED to do it unprovoked.

Ladies and gentlemen, Dr. Sigmund Fraud. <_<
Posted Image

#99 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Is that stuff good with Froot Loops?

LOL enough Thorazine will make you pass out in said Froot Loops. ;)
Posted Image

#100 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,416 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Posted Image

And if people want to say foolish things, without doing even a modicum of research, like a cursory Google search, before spouting foolish nonsense, then they'll be made to look foolish by their own words, as Mr. Lincoln suggested.

If you want to console him for saying foolish things, then be my guest....you've already seemingly appointed yourself his knight in shining armor.

I am nobody's knight in shining armour however while perhaps suggesting that cows farting causes global warming might be an oversimplification it is none the less not all that hard to google "agricultural contribution to greenhouse gases" and see that for example much of the methane in your graph is probably from methane released from agriculture.

A decent article on the subject...

http://blogs.das.psu...in-perspective/

How much of that "decay of biomass" and "methane" in your graph is from ruminant agriculture? I would guess a large portion.

It's one thing to act high and mighty but to call out something that is actually correct only makes one person look the fool....

#101 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

Back in passive/aggressive personal attack mode, I see.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 25 July 2012 - 04:02 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#102 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

Try not to introduce logic and calm, this is an environmentalist chicken-with-head-cut-off topic. Daring to institute logic is like challenging a pastor in his own church.

Does your head hurt?

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#103 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,547 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Nope. Just pointing out the inherent foolishness of your previous comment.

“When you argue with a fool, chances are he is doing just the same”

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#104 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

LOL enough Thorazine will make you pass out in said Froot Loops. ;)

Maybe I should have said for Froot Loops ::D
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#105 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

I am nobody's knight in shining armour however while perhaps suggesting that cows farting causes global warming might be an oversimplification it is none the less not all that hard to google "agricultural contribution to greenhouse gases" and see that for example much of the methane in your graph is probably from methane released from agriculture.

A decent article on the subject...

http://blogs.das.psu...in-perspective/

How much of that "decay of biomass" and "methane" in your graph is from ruminant agriculture? I would guess a large portion.

It's one thing to act high and mighty but to call out something that is actually correct only makes one person look the fool....

It's not 'correct'

While methane release from cows is a contributor to the overall greenhouse gas buildup, which among other contributors leads to global warming which is related to climate change....it is not the 'cause' of climate change.....it's not even 'the cause' of global warming, nor even close to the largest past or current contributor of the modern accumulation of greenhouse gases.

Edited by Sharpshooter, 25 July 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#106 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

I wasn't arguing with him.

#107 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

I like that...but more partial to this.

"Never argue with a fool...onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

;)

And even more partial to this.

"Shut up, fool!" - BA Baracus :frantic:

Edited by Slaytanic Wehrmacht, 25 July 2012 - 04:19 PM.

Posted Image

#108 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,547 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

I wasn't arguing with him.

Oh, so defensive are ye, so fearful - I didn't say you were - and I didn't say he was one neither - I was merely providing a quote - from a "think" site.

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#109 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

Maybe I should have said for Froot Loops ::D

Let's put it this way. Anyone who doubts the existence of zombies needs only visit a mental ward in which Thorazine is regularly prescribed. You can google the term "Thorazine shuffle" for more information. It has now been all but restricted from being administered any way but intravenously. That **** will **** you up.
Posted Image

#110 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

Oh, so defensive are ye, so fearful - I didn't say you were - and I didn't say he was one neither - I was merely providing a quote - from a "think" site.

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

So you posted an irrelevant quote that didn't address either of us, even though you quoted my post, but which you didn't intend it for or to me?

Fearful? :huh:

Wow....you seem to have finally finished packing your bags for crazy-town. Enjoy your stay.

#111 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

It's okay allow youself a little hate, hatred is not so bad when directed at injustice {stupidity}

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#112 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,547 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

So you posted an irrelevant quote that didn't address either of us, even though you quoted my post, but which you didn't intend it for or to me?

Fearful? :huh:

Wow....you seem to have finally finished packing your bags for crazy-town. Enjoy your stay.

Yep, now you make personal attacks - I guess you didn't learn from your previous ban - pity - for I quite like your constructive posts that you make on this forum....

Posted Image

#113 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,547 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

It's okay allow youself a little hate, hatred is not so bad when directed at injustice {stupidity}

True - but someone will suffer - either you or them. ;)

Posted Image

#114 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

Yep, now you make personal attacks - I guess you didn't learn from your previous ban - pity - for I quite like your constructive posts that you make on this forum....

And just HOW does this post not qualify for "condescending"? :blink:
Posted Image

#115 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,416 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

It's not 'correct'

While methane release from cows is a contributor to the overall greenhouse gas buildup, which among other contributors leads to global warming which is related to climate change....it is not the 'cause' of climate change.....it's not even 'the cause' of global warming, nor even close to the largest past or current contributor of the modern accumulation of greenhouse gases.

Well ya exactly. It's a contributor but not the cause. It's A cause though.

So certainly not so far in left field to get a glib response. Lead by example if you want thoughtful conversation.

#116 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

Then go ahead and report that 'attack' if you're grasping at straws to get me banned again.

I wouldn't put it past your usual childish and petty behaviour.

#117 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

An update to the story:

#118 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

lol so calling someone insane qualifies as a personal attack now eh...dog bless freedom of expression. :picard:
Posted Image

#119 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

True - but someone will suffer - either you or them. ;)

You can turn the other cheek , just don't turn the other way .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#120 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

Dammit I'm hating the dry well of +'s to be handing out.... :(

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.