Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GabbyTheAwesome

978 posts in this topic

I get it today with early release and on Tuesday per ordered, all we want is one set of rules so we can follow it and actually make this league work.

I get it today with early release and on Tuesday per ordered, all we want is one set of rules so we can follow it and actually make this league work.

I'm getting it Tuesday, and debating on picking up a PSN card in the next couple of hours so I can get it at 3PM. Lol.

I'd also like to state myself if this league doesn't get better I'm out too.

Being able to switch teams is a dumb decision. Being able to join a team and have all trades void is a dumber decision.

That's supposed to be one of the things about joining a league that's already been running. Your team won't be the same.

When you pick to be the GM of a team that already had a previous GM, one of the things that come with it is the team not having all the players it did before. You inherit the new team, or don't take the team at all.

Edit:.....I can't believe I used the wrong "your". :(

I'm getting it Tuesday, and debating on picking up a PSN card in the next couple of hours so I can get it at 3PM. Lol.

This

I'd also like to state myself if this league doesn't get better I'm out too.

Being able to switch teams is a dumb decision. Being able to join a team and have all trades void is a dumber decision.

That's supposed to be one of the things about joining a league that's already been running. You're team won't be the same.

When you pick to be the GM of a team that already had a previous GM, one of the things that come with it is the team not having all the players it did before. You inherit the new team, or don't take the team at all.

It is too bad that people are dropping out. It's getting very confusing. Every GM should keep track of their roster, and Gabby should have been updating the Trade Tracker. Gabby, why don't you let me help you out on this.

First, what I would do is I would have every person who is playing in this league, confirm there Team's position -- i.e., I am the General Manager of the Vancouver Canucks. Then, confirm there roster. Perhaps the best way to do this is to look at the trade tracker, and fill in the blanks from there, or contact the previous GM and ask them. That's simple. I know some people wrote 30 in 30 summaries as well. Check them for team updates.

Of course, no player can switch teams, that is confusing. If you drop out because of personal reasons that is fine. Let the next person in the waiting list take that spot. Nonetheless, you cannot switch teams.

All trades should remain active. Sorry.

This does not have to be difficult. I think the best way for us to solve this issue is have everyone post their position and rosters. If there is conflict. Then send your messages to Gabby, or myself if he allows it and I will look at the issue. For example, I made a trade with the Detroit GM for Zetterberg, yet that is not on the Trade tracker: so as a result if the new Detroit GM has a problem with that, then I would send my messages confirming the trade. This is how we solve the issues.

What do you guys think?

P.S I would expect all 30 members to be doing this. We want active people: so fill out the info for we know you are here and capable enough of maintaining your roster. If you do not reply before the game comes out, I would argue you should be kicked, because you're only adding to the confusion. I want 30 people updating their teams and getting things ready for when we start, we can start making these trades and start playing.

Sorry for the double post, but I will start.

***********************I AM THE VANCOUVER GM*************************************

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Patric Hornqvist ($3.083m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Devin Setoguchi ($3.000m)

Raffi Torres ($1.750m) / Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) / Steve Ott ($2.950m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Dale Weise ($0.615m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Shea Weber ($7.857m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Justin Falk ($0.825m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Ray Emery ($1.150m)

------

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,958,810; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $6,241,190

Draft Picks:

2013:

3rd Rounder - Phenox

4th Rounder - Vancouver

4th Rounder - Chicago

5th Rounder - Vancouver

6th Rounder - Vancouver

7th Rounder - Vancouver

2014:

3rd Rounder - Vancouver

4th Rounder - Vancouver

5th Rounder - Vancouver

6th Rounder - Vancouver

7th Rounder - Vancouver

The Trades you cannot see are the ones I made with Detroit involving Zetterberg and White, and the deal with Toronto which I got Setiguchi. All my other trades should be confirmed in the trade tracker.

There, my issue is solved. Now someone else follow up, and so forth. If there is conflict, then proof will be needed via messages. If Gabby is too busy, I do not mind looking over them. I have all weekend.

I AM THE GM OF THE MINNESOTA WILD!!!!! woooo

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

Minnesota Wild

FORWARDS

Joffrey Lupul ($4.250m) / Mikko Koivu ($6.750m) / Dany Heatley ($7.500m)

Nikolai Kulemin ($2.800m) / Mikael Granlund ($2.100m) / David Jones ($4.000m)

Jamie McGinn ($1.750m) / Kyle Brodziak ($2.833m) / Cal Clutterbuck ($1.400m)

Darroll Powe ($1.067m) / John Mitchell ($1.100m) / Chuck Kobasew ($1.250m)

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.538m) / Erik Johnson ($3.750m)

Mark Streit ($4.100m) / Tom Gilbert ($4.000m)

Jared Spurgeon ($0.527m) / Jonas Brodin ($1.444m)

GOALTENDERS

Pekka Rinne ($7.000m)

Matthew Hackett ($0.900m)

BUYOUTS

Mark Parrish ($0.928m) / Cam Barker ($0.542m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,528,739; BONUSES: $1,860,000

CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $2,671,261

I'd like to let everyone know the reason why I did not update the trade tracker and failed to run the league well. Over the summer, many things happened that I did not expect, and I was forced to cope with them. While I was already dealing with the death of my best friend, my grandfather passed away. In addition, my grandmother developed clots and had a minor stroke at the same time my grandfather died. I was down in Oregon taking care of both of them for 3 weeks in July, and 2 weeks in August after my grandfathers death. Since I was away for most of the summer I didn't have access to a computer, and I had to use the mobile app. Editing anything on the app takes forever, and I didn't feel like spending the short breaks I had doing that.

In hindsight, I should have asked someone to help me run the league sooner, but I didn't. I think I felt a sense of pride that I was the first PS3 league set up and I wanted to have sole responsibility. I'm sorry that I didn't meet everyone's expectations, but I hope you can see why everything turned out this way.

Gabe

I'm sorry for your tragedies, which you are being forced to deal with. Hopefully everything comes out for the good. Truly. Surely this is just a game and family and friends come first. However, we are all just excited and getting competitive towards this league. I think I speak for us all when I say this. I want this league to function and I want us to sort all this out. Hopefully everyone follows our guidance so we can know who is playing what GM and what their rosters are.

Also, I have created another league, which I invite everyone too. I will be still playing in this one, but I would like to have two on the go, and if you want to join the other one I welcome you. I have set out rules and guidelines.

All are welcome.

I think that we should try to make all the trades possible. That being said, I just learned that Tampa traded 2 draft picks for Lindback, and there are probably more trades like this. So at least one of my trades is void, as I wont have the pick to give away.

You can always go to the GM and ask if they can change the draft pick. Maybe to the next year for example. I do not think that is going to be a huge issue. Sometimes that happens with draft picks. It's better to just keep track of your picks. I actually have a word processor open, which has my roster/ cap hit, and all my draft picks two years in.

I think people just need to stay organized.

I'll be back on later tonight, so please post suggestions on what I need to do to fix up the league. If anyone has a trade that isn't on the tracker and hasn't been sent to me already, please do that. I know I have at least 5 from Winnipeg.

I think people just need to tell everyone what GM they are and post there rosters and any trades they think might come up. Here I will give you one of my examples. Since there is no Detroit GM right now, they are going to be wondering why they do not have Zetterberg. Well here is my trade:

Sent 27 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

Zetterberg+ Ian white

for

Oliver ekman larsson

2013:

1st Rounder - Calgary

2nd Rounder - Vancouver

So now, Gabby can add that to the tracker. And when the Detroit GM comes, he can look at the tracker and see what trades he made and build his roster from there and of course the official roster released by EA. I have another deal with Toronto, but I think the Toronto GM is here...so I do not have to worry about that.

Just, when in doubt, post your trades. If there is conflict, proof will be needed that the previous GM accepted that deal. Simple.

I am the GM of the Colorado Avalanche:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTERMy Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Ilya Kovalchuk ($6.667m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Martin St. Louis ($5.625m)

Valtteri Filppula($3.000) /
Patrick Marleau ($6.900m) /
Teddy Purcell ($2.362m)

Lauri Korpikovski($1.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Cal Clutterbuck($1.400m)

Cody McLeod ($1.150m) / Zenon Konopka ($0.925m)/ Matt Kassian ($0.575)

David Van Der Gulik ($0.575m) / Mark Olver ($0.600m) / Bill Thomas ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Tyler Myers ($5.500m) / Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m)

Zbynek Michalek ($4.000m) / Alex Goligoski ($4.600m)

Andrew MacDonald ($0.550m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m) 

GOALTENDERS

Mike Smith ($2.000m)

Jason Labarbera ($1.250m) 

------CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,600,000; BONUSES: $3,410,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $5,813,691

Detroit Gm here

Phil Kessle( ) / Mikhail Grigorenko ( ) / Mark Schefeile ( )

Tyler Bozak( ) / R’Oreilly ( ) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Stevn Bartschi( ) / Manny Malhotra ( ) / Jordin Tootoo( )

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m) Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m

DEFENSEMEN

Dennis Widemen ( ) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)

Oliver Ekman-Larsson( ) / Cam fowler ( )

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

New Jersey Devils GM

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

Devils Play League

FORWARDS

Brenden Morrow ($4.100m) / Travis Zajac ($3.888m) / James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m)

Daniel Winnik ($1.800m) / Mikhail Grabovski ($5.500m) / Adam Henrique ($0.854m)

Ryan Smyth ($2.250m) / Dainius Zubrus ($3.400m) / Jacob Josefson ($0.900m)

Steve Bernier ($0.775m) / Ryan Carter ($0.775m) / Stephen Gionta ($0.563m)

Krystofer Barch ($0.750m)

DEFENSEMEN

Adam Larsson ($0.925m) / Marek Zidlicky ($4.000m)

Anton Volchenkov ($4.250m) / Henrik Tallinder ($3.375m)

Andy Greene ($3.000m) / Mark Fayne ($1.300m)

Peter Harrold ($0.525m) /

GOALTENDERS

Martin Brodeur ($4.500m)

Josh Harding ($1.900m)

Johan Hedberg ($1.400m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $54,979,166; BONUSES: $262,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $15,220,834

Traded Kovalchuk for JVR, Grabovski and a 1st in 2013.

Traded Elias for Morrow.

Traded Clarkson for Harding and Torrey Mitchell, then shipped off Mitchell for Winnik.

Traded Salvador for Smyth.

Gabby, if you guys need any help on running things I'm here. I can try to give my 2 cents on everything. I run the popular sim league and it has become quite the madness at times. I have 3 helpers.

I think people just need to tell everyone what GM they are and post there rosters and any trades they think might come up. Here I will give you one of my examples. Since there is no Detroit GM right now, they are going to be wondering why they do not have Zetterberg. Well here is my trade:

Sent 27 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

Zetterberg+ Ian white

for

Oliver ekman larsson

2013:

1st Rounder - Calgary

2nd Rounder - Vancouver

So now, Gabby can add that to the tracker. And when the Detroit GM comes, he can look at the tracker and see what trades he made and build his roster from there and of course the official roster released by EA. I have another deal with Toronto, but I think the Toronto GM is here...so I do not have to worry about that.

Just, when in doubt, post your trades. If there is conflict, proof will be needed that the previous GM accepted that deal. Simple.

To Buffalo-Datsyuk

To Detroit-Gregienko+Myers.

To Colorado-Helm+smith

To Detroit-fowler+manny+3rd

To Vancouver Canucks:

C. H. Zetterberg (6.0m)

D. I. White (2.875m)

To Detroit Red Wings:

D. Oliver Ekman-Larsson (1.75m)

1st Round 2013 - Calgary

2nd Round 2013 – Vancouver

Detroit-Cody eakin