The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the Canucks sign Doan, will the NHL slowly start to cheer for us, not against us?

dangler696969

They will still refer to us as the diving, finger biting and hair pulling team...as haters have nothing better to do than live in the past - plus their teams suck and they hate seeing the Canucks doing better than their teams...

Doubtful. One of the comments on TSN was that Doan wouldn't come to Vancouver, because he doesn't know how to dive...

The rest of the hockey world will continue to hate the Canucks. Personally, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Nope. I've talked to fans of other teams that have said they won't cheer for the Canucks unless we had a massive turnover of players and a change in coaching and management staff. I don't know why, but that's just the way it was stated to me.

I think most fans will cheer for their own team. As for cheering for other teams when your team is out, I think it's more of "well, i don't really care who wins, but i would rather see that team win because of x..." (at least for me anyways).

And I don't really care for nonchalant support like that. Actually, I don't really care who other people supports. All I care is if my team wins. If Doan makes us better, then awesome. End of story.

Archived