The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Looks to me like we are the best fans...

Jester13

I was just browsing around a couple of other team forums and realized that Montreal, Toronto, Edmonton, all had around three people browsing their own forums, Calgary I think was the exception at around twenty users, while our own Vancouver Canuck forum site always seems to have at least 150 users browsing at a given time. That is quite a large difference, and this is through the summer!! Looks to me like our fans really are the best, even though we might complain (I like to call it analyzing) at times, at least we're interested in our team all year round. Who are the bandwagon jumpers now eh?! I'll admit, I didnt go through all the teams to see which team had the most users browsing, but it might be interesting to post the numbers if anyone wants to partake in looking into it? Anyways, way to go Nuckleheads!!! :towel:

There's no such thing as the best fans really. You could have the most fans, but you can't really say for sure which fan base is the best. All teams have bandwagoners, die hards, and casual fans. Plus the number of members on a forum isn't the best way to calculate which is the biggest fanbase. Other teams' fans use HF or Calgary Puck or whatever. I highly doubt we have more fans than say, Toronto for example. The team may suck, but Ontario's population is much bigger than ours and their status as Original Six means they have many more fans all over the world.

Obviously everyone is checking the forums at 3 AM just in case Doan decides to sign sometime in the middle of the night. :P

Maybe the fans of other teams just have better things to do?

CDC is the 2nd-ranked hockey board. Yup, HF is generally the place for fans of all teams to visit. The drawback there is that they have a lot of thought police. Their Orwellian over-moderation is fine and all, but imo it limits free thought. Even if everyone knows and agrees on what the thought is, if HF doesn't want it to be posted, then it won't be.

They are the inspiration to my Hockey Thought Police, 'TOML' mantra, and that is what my username is there now, on account of them forcing me to change it after six years.

They also perma-banned me, no warning, from the Canucks section for merely suggesting that 'Hey, what if Naslund was hurt?' Six years ago.

Not complaining too much, since it is what it is: A popular board with rules. But they could learn to relax a little.

I've been banned from CDC as well; once for a year for posting a giant semi-nude Jessica Alba to 'spice up' a redundant thread, and once for a week for roasting Tony Gallagher when i disagreed with one of his articles. I still think the G Man, Botch and others troll the boards. Esp. in threads regarding their latest articles.

Thanks, CDC, for not being quite as Orwellian as HF.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/nhl-hockey-forum-message-board-general-discussion/6901-regional-tv-ratings-nhl-teams.html

We are certainly among the best. Here's the TV ratings from a few years ago, pretty impressive if you ask me. Montreal's numbers don't even include their tsn viewers, but other than them we seem to be among the best population/viewers wise. Considering Ontario has 13 million people and hardly any of them are sens fans, we do very well especially when compared to the Leafs.

remember there are more fans all over british columbia than just the mainland. I'm from Prince Rupert B.C. and there is thousands of fans from here to prince george. I think our fans just know that there is alot on the line, like our stanley cup run. Most other canadian cities won't have a run for years. The only team to be excited besides us is Edmonton and maybe Ottawa.

CDC is the 2nd-ranked hockey board. Yup, HF is generally the place for fans of all teams to visit. The drawback there is that they have a lot of thought police. Their Orwellian over-moderation is fine and all, but imo it limits free thought. Even if everyone knows and agrees on what the thought is, if HF doesn't want it to be posted, then it won't be.

They are the inspiration to my Hockey Thought Police, 'TOML' mantra, and that is what my username is there now, on account of them forcing me to change it after six years.

They also perma-banned me, no warning, from the Canucks section for merely suggesting that 'Hey, what if Naslund was hurt?' Six years ago.

Not complaining too much, since it is what it is: A popular board with rules. But they could learn to relax a little.

I've been banned from CDC as well; once for a year for posting a giant semi-nude Jessica Alba to 'spice up' a redundant thread, and once for a week for roasting Tony Gallagher when i disagreed with one of his articles. I still think the G Man, Botch and others troll the boards. Esp. in threads regarding their latest articles.

Thanks, CDC, for not being quite as Orwellian as HF.

Archived