The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Dale Weise settles - 1 year, $615,000, one way

He'll likely be the 13th forward. I don't really see any kind of semi-permanent spot for him. Even without Doan or a different top 6 forward acquisition the roster looks like this:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Raymond - Malhotra - Hansen

_______ - Lapierre - Weise

Ok, so there's an open spot on the 4th line now. But you have to think Gillis isn't done with the roster yet. Anyway, however things shake out, I don't see Weise as being a regular this year by any means. He'll stick as the 13th forward and maybe even get time with the Wolves.

Not a major signing but it does give us some crash-and-bang depth, which is always a good thing (see last season's injuries to Volpatti, Pinizzotto, Bitz, Kassian). These human missiles get banged up hitting like that!

He'll likely be the 13th forward. I don't really see any kind of semi-permanent spot for him. Even without Doan or a different top 6 forward acquisition the roster looks like this:

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Ok, so there's an open spot on the 4th line now. But you have to think Gillis isn't done with the roster yet. Anyway, however things shake out, I don't see Weise as being a regular this year by any means. He'll stick as the 13th forward and maybe even get time with the Wolves.

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Archived