The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Dale Weise settles - 1 year, $615,000, one way

I like Weise. He will only get better. I think people forget that he's 23 years old! He has had very solid years in the AHL for a player that is not overly talented offensively with 50 points 73 games followed up by a better season of 38 in 37. There is not much point playing him in the AHL any further at this point. He is now and down the road will be better than big ol' softy Oreskovich, Volpatti, Pinizzotto, and etc.

Oreskovich is a plug, who retired from the game for two years, had little drive, didn't hit, and wouldn't fight.

Weise is a forward who has shown a few glimpses of offensive talent, has shown he's willing to fight (no matter how good he is at it) to stand up for his team mates, and obviously wants to improve.

Yeah no difference at all, spot on observation Ares.

If Weise was so bad-ass, why was everyone complaining that we still weren't tough enough?

Come on, you just described the "perfect" tough guy, why would you need more then? You want like 50 tough guys?

I'd take Weise over Bitz, Pinizotto, Oreskovich, Hordichuk, Ebbett and even Malhotra.

CDC is right though. Never give a guy a shot so he can't make it work and can be dismissed asap only to be succeeded by another guy plug who can't and won't be good enough... and copy paste the previous again and again...

Awesome to hear he is taking boxing lessons cause from what I have seen so far he has done an amazing impressions of a punching bag :D

In all seriousness I like this deal - 1 yr and cheap and motivates Weise to step up and establish himself on the 4th line.

Awesome to hear he is taking boxing lessons cause from what I have seen so far he has done an amazing impressions of a punching bag :D

In all seriousness I like this deal - 1 yr and cheap and motivates Weise to step up and establish himself on the 4th line.

I thought i saw Wiese at the Calgary Stampede this year along with some other prospetive free agents, and then the booze wore off and I realized I was just in the petting zoo talking to a donkey. I asked the owner if he could skate and he said "dang, you teach a donkey to anythang you wants" . Hmmmm i thought, "how much?" two hundred he gasps.

He then said " one thang son, this donkey don't fight", I said "perfect, he'll fit right in"

On a side note, he does have two more available sould we want to fill the rest of our fourth line.

Get'r done Gillis

Archived