The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Dale Weise settles - 1 year, $615,000, one way

@News1130Sports

Canucks F Dale Weise happy to sign and says you hear horror stories about arbitration which would have started this week. #canucks #nhl

‏@News1130Sports

Canucks F Dale Weise after signing new 1 year deal excited to be back. Says hes been working with boxing coach. "It adds to your confidence"

‏@News1130Sports

Canucks F Dale Weise tells News 1130 sports hes been working with boxing coach. Says looking to step up in that department this season. #nhl

@News1130Sports

Canucks F Dale Weise after signing new one year deal, says he's ready to take on a little more responsiblity. Now more confident about role.

Weise is young (22 I think) and this is us giving him a chance. He has some decent skills and plays a solid 4th line role, with plenty of room to grow. I think he will be a reliable 4th line player this year. And at a price tag like that it's hard to complain. The 1 way contract however is questionable.

@News1130Sports

Canucks F Dale Weise happy to sign and says you hear horror stories about arbitration which would have started this week. #canucks #nhl

‏@News1130Sports

Canucks F Dale Weise after signing new 1 year deal excited to be back. Says hes been working with boxing coach. "It adds to your confidence"

‏@News1130Sports

Canucks F Dale Weise tells News 1130 sports hes been working with boxing coach. Says looking to step up in that department this season. #nhl

@News1130Sports

Canucks F Dale Weise after signing new one year deal, says he's ready to take on a little more responsiblity. Now more confident about role.

He's waiver eligible, is he not? Why do you care if he still gets paid $615,000 if he gets plunked into the AHL? My guess is that Weise wouldn't clear waivers anyway.

The guy is a decent puck possession winger in a 4th line role that drives the play forward. What's the big deal here?

He's waiver eligible, is he not? Why do you care if he still gets paid $615,000 if he gets plunked into the AHL? My guess is that Weise wouldn't clear waivers anyway.

The guy is a decent puck possession winger in a 4th line role that drives the play forward. What's the big deal here?

Glad both sides could agree on a one way contract. I like Weise and I think he will get a chance playing some third-line minutes this year. Hes not an enforcer so I really hope people stop thinking of him as one. He was never brought in to be an enforcer he was brought in because of his work-ethic and upside.

Weise is young (22 I think) and this is us giving him a chance. He has some decent skills and plays a solid 4th line role, with plenty of room to grow. I think he will be a reliable 4th line player this year. And at a price tag like that it's hard to complain. The 1 way contract however is questionable.

I'm surprised a former ex-NHL tough guy doesn't open up a training school for some of these young up and coming fighters.

Fighting in hockey obviously has alot of differences than boxing.

For one thing it takes a heck of alot more balance and stamina. And secondly there's grappling techniques you need to know.

Not to mention the spinning around that usually goes on.

Archived