The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Jamie Benn for Edler

Wow people make it seem like Edler is like a Chara, Keith, Doughty, or Weber to this team. He is nowhere close to those guys. Seriously if player's like Rick Nash can be traded why can't Edler? Getting back to the question I'd say its pretty fair value but we might need to add in something small because Benn is younger. But, I wouldn't do that trade unless we're guaranteed to get another top 4 defensemen because it would leave a whole in defense. If we can trade Luongo to Florida and maybe include other players to get a player like Gudbransen or Kulikov. I'd do the Edler trade for sure then.

Elder is so overrated on this site by some i can't believe it.

Elder has so many holes in his game its not even funny. He's a big liability defensively and gets overrated because he plays with the Sedins and soaks it uplike Anson Carter.

I would do this trade and wouldn't think twice. I am confident we have guys to replace him and we get someone via trade.

I have a feeling AV and MG have seen enough of Elders blunders and liabilities to move him and give others a chance.

What's your point? You think Dallas will give us Benn for free? You have to give up something to receive. Ohlund was part of our top 4 a few years back and he left and guess what? We won 2 Presidents Trophies without him. Hell the Oilers traded Gretzky away and won the cup 2 years later.

First of all, relax.

Secondly, Benn's their #1 centerman. They wouldn't trade Benn for Edler, so you can give up on that fantasy.

Lastly, we managed very well without Ohlund because we still had Salo, Mitchell, Bieksa who were all playing top 4 minutes, and we had graduated Edler into a top 4 role, in Ohlund's spot, as well as the newly acquired Ehrhoff.

You let me know if you see someone stepping up to play an effective offencive top 4 role the way Edler did and does....then you can legitimately talk about trading Edler away.

First of all, I was just simply replying to someone else's fantasy and I just can't believe some people would actually not traded Edler for Benn. I know there's no chance in hell Dallas considers this.

Secondly, if trading Edler away means the team will collapse then something is seriously wrong with management. According to capgeek, the Canucks have the 6th most expensive D corps in the NHL. More than what the past 2 cup winners are paying for thier D's. If no one from that group can step up and fill Edler's shoes then we're seriously screwed if lets say Edler gets injured this season and has to miss significant time.

First of all, I was just simply replying to someone else's fantasy and I just can't believe some people would actually not traded Edler for Benn. I know there's no chance in hell Dallas considers this.

Secondly, if trading Edler away means the team will collapse then something is seriously wrong with management. According to capgeek, the Canucks have the 6th most expensive D corps in the NHL. More than what the past 2 cup winners are paying for thier D's. If no one from that group can step up and fill Edler's shoes then we're seriously screwed if lets say Edler gets injured this season and has to miss significant time.

Archived