The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Jamie Benn for Edler

No one person is gonna step up and fill his shoes. It'll be a group effort from Bieksa, Hammer, Garrison, Ballard, Tanev and if need be Sauve and Connauton. This group is used to it having to fill Salo's shoes so often. All I'm saying is, the team will be fine if Edler is either traded away or gets injured.

If you guys all think Edler is so valuable, then how do you explain his +/-? Lemme guess, +/- is a useless stat that doesn't tell how good a player is? I agree with that to an extent. Last year Edler finished at 0. Compare to Hammer +29, Bieksa +12, Tanev +10, Salo +7, Alberts +4. Even the great Sulzer was a +6. Only person worse was Ballard at -4 and we all know how valuable he is. Playing on a team that scored 51 more goals then it gave up, it'd almost be hard not to be a plus player but somehow Edler is.

Stars already did their "young stud forward for more developed young stud D-man" trade, when they moved Neal for Goligoski.

It was pretty clear from that moment on that they were going to build around Benn. He isn't getting moved, plain and simple.

I think people are over thinking things..

Look at the defence the Kings won the Cup with. Absolutely terrible, like who the hell is Martinez or like Voynov? They're terrible, people only think they're good because they went like 16-4 in the playoffs. The only good people on that blueline were like Mitchell/Doughty/Scuderi.. Scuderi kinda sucks too.

I would say defence wins championships, but not exactly your d-corps. It's about your whole team playing defence..

If Ballard redeems himself and plays like he can, then yeah pull the trigger on Edler for Benn.

If you guys all think Edler is so valuable, then how do you explain his +/-? Lemme guess, +/- is a useless stat that doesn't tell how good a player is? I agree with that to an extent. Last year Edler finished at 0. Compare to Hammer +29, Bieksa +12, Tanev +10, Salo +7, Alberts +4. Even the great Sulzer was a +6. Only person worse was Ballard at -4 and we all know how valuable he is. Playing on a team that scored 51 more goals then it gave up, it'd almost be hard not to be a plus player but somehow Edler is.

I think people are over thinking things..

Look at the defence the Kings won the Cup with. Absolutely terrible, like who the hell is Martinez or like Voynov? They're terrible, people only think they're good because they went like 16-4 in the playoffs. The only good people on that blueline were like Mitchell/Doughty/Scuderi.. Scuderi kinda sucks too.

I would say defence wins championships, but not exactly your d-corps. It's about your whole team playing defence..

If Ballard redeems himself and plays like he can, then yeah pull the trigger on Edler for Benn.

Archived