The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Go for Doan now or wait for Iginla?

cmpunk

I know we all want Doan and pretty much every team wants him. But would we prefer to wait to maybe get a chance at Jarome Iginla? Iginla is a UFA next summer, and will no doubt be the most sought out after free agent next summer. But if the Flames realize he won't re-sign with and will test free agency, they would most likely trade him at the deadline depending on their position in the season.

So the Iginla door is open. But would you guys prefer to go for Doan now or wait for Iginla? There is no doubt we all would rather have Iginla on our team. Iginla and Doan are very similar players, but Iginla with a much greater offensive upside.

But are the chances not that good that we can land Iginla via trade or free agency? I don't see Iginla being the player that is just going to look at the money and go to a big market team for a chance to win. I think Iginla will want to play for a Canadian team. I don't see him going to a team like Philly, Pitts, Detroit or NY.

I would absolutely love to have Iginla on our team, if for the simple reason that I live in Calgary and would give my left nut to see the look on the faces of several of the Flames fans I work with when I came in to work wearing my Canucks Iggy jersey, but yeah, it would never happen. Iggy would be my preference if I had the choice between him and Doan, but I sure wouldn't mind Doan either.

both would be a great addition. But I doubt it is going to happen.

it is a matter of cost vs profit. I think our GM is playing the business game, and not willing to spend too much to get he needs.... profit!!! Who care about cup, when you are making money...

Everyone is saying he will retire there...but i guess no one has seen his interview. He said he wants to leave teams when his contract is up. He also said he wanted a chance of winning before he retires.

both would be a great addition. But I doubt it is going to happen.

it is a matter of cost vs profit. I think our GM is playing the business game, and not willing to spend too much to get he needs.... profit!!! Who care about cup, when you are making money...

Archived