The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Go for Doan now or wait for Iginla?

cmpunk

Well I think Iginla would be the 3rd most sought after UFA, the 1st 2 would be Perry and Getzlaf. Most likely, none of those guys are coming here. The 2 under-the-radar guys I'd want would be Stephen Weiss as a 2nd line centre (move Kes to the wing) and Ryane Clowe as our 3rd line center.

As for Doan, I'm not so sure signing him would be a good idea. He'd command atleast $5M, which would put us over the cap, and in order to get below the max, we'd pretty much have to give Lu away for nothing. Also don't forget that Burrows and Edler are UFA's next year, both guys we need to sign and will command a hefty raise, so need money for them too.

really wouldn't mind it if Doan signed here, I think with someone with those leadership credentials can really help keep the team in line and focused on winning rather than going back to stupid diving and complaining again. As well, he brings size, hitting, skill, play making to the 2nd line and I doubt that he would be one (as an ex-captain) to disrupt locker room chemistry but he can step in and do some leading to support Hank.

Really hope that MG can pull out the stops during his visit in the Canucks' facilities and reel in this big fish.

I'd want Doan over Iginla.

Iginla might be traded away WITH kipper in a package deal to build young.

Thats something i see a lot of when i was checking out the Lames board.

Acquire Iginla and Kipper on trade dealine so Kipper can backup Schneider!!! :bigblush:

Archived