The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The plan?

hotelierhockey

TWO POINTS:

(i)

Seems all other tems are making moves to improve. What about the Nucks? Hope they just dont think coz of 2 Presidents trophies, no fixes are needed. We ALWAYS need to improve: (1) to keep pace with other teams, (2) to acknowledge our guys get older every year. So what's being done???

(ii)

Now, not necessarily a solution, but when I read this about Semin, I thought Canucks would be a potential fit:

What is the right fit for Semin in the NHL?

It has to be a team that needs offense, but one that can surround Semin with veteran players capable of holding others accountable. A strong-willed coach/coaching staff willing to forget about Semin's reputation and give him a chance to build a new one also should be a priority. An organization with a history of success to prove to Semin that he has to adapt to it, not the other way around, would be beneficial, as well.

Thoughts???

Jason Garisson might have something to say about this. I believe that we have done well so far this off-season. All that's left is the wait on the Doan signing, and the likely trade of Roberto Luongo. I believe the pieces coming back in the Luongo trade, with or without the signing of a player such as Doan, will be enough to have made some changes that will bring us one more step towards Lord Stanley's Cup.

Why do you think we need a "big name player"?!

We have quiet a few on our team already, and theres a thing called a salary cap that only lets us get a reasonable number of big names...

Not really any UFAs out there that are worth signing, other than Doan.... and we don't want to ruin the good team we already have by trading a bunch of players just for this so called "big name" player we apparently need.

So I guess Nashville improved by signing a big name in Weber... or did they? You know, considering they already had him.

I guess Philly's better off now too with all those players they went after, and Detroit has a bunch of veterans coming back for another year and not leaving big holes in their lineup. Ah, no need to go through any other teams cause they surely improved way more than the Canucks.

TWO POINTS:

(i)

Seems all other tems are making moves to improve. What about the Nucks? Hope they just dont think coz of 2 Presidents trophies, no fixes are needed. We ALWAYS need to improve: (1) to keep pace with other teams, (2) to acknowledge our guys get older every year. So what's being done???

(ii)

Now, not necessarily a solution, but when I read this about Semin, I thought Canucks would be a potential fit:

It has to be a team that needs offense, but one that can surround Semin with veteran players capable of holding others accountable. A strong-willed coach/coaching staff willing to forget about Semin's reputation and give him a chance to build a new one also should be a priority. An organization with a history of success to prove to Semin that he has to adapt to it, not the other way around, would be beneficial, as well.

Thoughts???

TWO POINTS:

(i)

(ii)

Thoughts???

Don't be fooled, MG has plans, however it all depends if we get Doan. If we don't we'll need to acquire a top 6 player, if we do, we need to clear salary. Start panicking come September if we've done nothing

Archived