The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Bobby Butler

13 forwards on one-way deals. Bobby Butler set to make $1,200,000 next season. He can be bought out for one-third of that amount.

Bobby Butler buyout from CapGeek.com

• 2012-13: $50,000

• 2013-14: $200,000

Inconsistent last year, but he also had a groin injury. I liked Butler's play, when he did play. Could be a decent bottom 6 callup/reserve forward option for us, if we were able to snag him, or at least a solid addition to the Wolves. I doubt he makes it to us through waivers though. I'd be pleased if he did and we picked him up.

I could see someone picking him up, but not us. Anyone who did would have to try and keep him on the roster so there would have to be a spot for him, or else they'd be dropping him and giving another team a chance at him. I guess at some point that'd result in him being able to be sent to the AHL to try and develop once no one else claimed him, but that goes beyond my interest.

He would have to become a re-reclamation project at this point. Like how Matt Gilroy has been shuffled around.

Generally, undrafted college guys aren't nothing to get too excited about. But here's hoping Tanev pans out.

I could see someone picking him up, but not us. Anyone who did would have to try and keep him on the roster so there would have to be a spot for him, or else they'd be dropping him and giving another team a chance at him. I guess at some point that'd result in him being able to be sent to the AHL to try and develop once no one else claimed him, but that goes beyond my interest.

Archived