The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Bobby Butler

We could, but it would be a waste of a roster spot considering we have re-signed Dale Weise & Andrew Ebbett. Also, we could bring in players via Luongo trade. If I was MG I would just stand pat till I receive a reasonable offer from a team for Luongo.

What about depth on D?

If all we're getting is a bottom 6 forward for Luongo, i'd be pretty disappointed. Also, waiting to make moves on the hopes of a Luongo deal is not good GM'ing, which is why you've seen the re-signing of both Weiss and Ebbett. Picking up Butler would be in the same mold as those re-signings.

Also, while Ebbett and Weiss are decent 4th line options.....Butler could provide some decent relief depth for our 3rd line, if we experienced an injury, or if Raymond continues to crap the bed. He's not a bad option to have and he'd provide more of an offencive option than Ebbett or Weiss......as Hansen would be, who you've compared him to.

Bobby Butler has the remainder of contract bought out by Ottawa Senators:

OTTAWA - Bobby Butler's time in the nation's capital is over.

The Ottawa Senators announced Friday that the club has bought out the remainder of the forward's contract, which was set to run through the end of the 2012-13 season.

Expected to fill a spot on Ottawa's top two lines, the Marlborough, Mass., native appeared in 94 games over three seasons but never lived up to expectations. The 25-year-old had 16 goals and 21 assists and was held pointless in three playoff games.

Butler was originally signed by the Senators in March 2010 after completing his collegiate career with the NCAA's University of New Hampshire Wildcats.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=638742&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

okay so he had 21 points in 30 some odd games two seasons ago?

similar numbers last season as well.

I do not see why (if we have a need) we don't give this guy a chance.

I'd be surprised if someone doesn't snatch this guy up

Hello Canuck Nation,

Long time no talk hey. Anyways, straight to the point here. Bobby Butler would be a good fit for the Canucks because he is a 25 year old, Right winger, 6'0, 190 lbs. Canucks need another Right Winger. The younger the better. We don't need old farts on the team. If you give someone a chance to play and prove to show how good they can be on the ice let him play. If not send him to the minors for conditioning. He has 3 years experience in the NHL. You never know what could come out of this guy if he was given the chance. Mike Gillis please pick this young fella up.

Any thoughts on this one people?

Have a good one Canuck Fans.

See you in the fall.

Cheers :canucks:

Go Canucks Go

We need another RW?

Burrows

Booth

Hansen

Kassian

Weise

Maybe he bumps Weise but he doesnt bring the grit Dale does. But were pretty set on the right side. We could use an upgrade from Raymond on the left side tho. Could also use another center. RW is probably the most set of all our positions other than between the pipes.

Archived