The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Hurricanes sign Alex Semin

Lots of money, but I'm sure it was given to see if he's worth it for an extension after.

...Carolina just went from a non-playoff team to a 5th-8th playoff contender with this signing as it gives them a lot more balance with the forward group. Solid signing, like the move.

J. Skinner - E. Staal - A. Semin

J. Jokinen - J. Staal - T. Ruutu

...Solid top 6.

Hockeyinsiderr was on this.

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

Onto some Alex Semin news:as previous reports indicate the#Canes are interested in him. Actual offer on the table as we speak = 1year/$6.5M

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

BREAKING NEWS: Semin and his agent carefully considering offer on the table from #CANES. Carolina front runners as per my source (1yr offer)

Those about to say that's not the right amount... ya no kidding, this was also posted 5 days ago, and things change. Props to him on this one.

I'm surprised Carolina offered him so much - it didn't sound like there was a huge bidding war for the guy.

Still, a 1 year is pretty low risk and, as mentioned earlier, the team needed to get to the cap floor.

Pretty decent top 6, though.

When these NHL franchises wake up and finally realize that you can't build an NHL team with 2 or 3 players that cost upwards of $12 to $23M, is there even a remote chance that a new CBA can be reached? They want a lower cap and a larger percentage, yet the Suter, Parise, Weber and now Semin deals make little or no sense on what they want to accomplish.

Is Semin worth $7M? NO damn way!

Nobody cares if Hockeyinsiderr "broke" this story a few days ago. Fact is he still gets things wrong very frequently, and until that stops, he isn't a credible source.

Why does everyone feel the need to go showing it off to everybody like a kindergartener showing his mom a finger-painting?

Archived