The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tim Thomas comes out against gay marriage

I had a lot of respect for Thomas when he won the cup, knowing how hard it was for him to get there and all. Now though after this I lost all my respect for him, I didn't care that he didn't like Obama but once he starts discriminating against people, well you lose all my respect when you do that.

I love Chick-fil-A. There chicken nuggets are the best. That and their sauce...

Now back to TT and his comments. We all have friends who have opinions we don't agree with. I've got plenty of friends that don't believe in gay marriage. Other than that they are great people. Am I going to be intolerant and stop being their friends because they don't believe what I do? Nope, that's straight ignorant and intolerant of their beliefs also. Maybe time and education will change them... and that's why you just don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

He's a moron because he knows what he's getting himself into.

He doesn't need to comment on the matter. He's in the public eye. He represents a multi-million dollar corporation.

If I was his boss I'd be hella pissed at him attracting all of this negative attention towards the organization because he does represent them.

Sounds like he's just looking for attention to me. He knows he'll get a reaction out of people.

Chick-fil-A's Vice President of Public Relations Dies of Heart Attack

RR-logo_003910.pngBy Amy Bingham | ABC News – 7 hrs ago

Chick-fil-A's Vice President of Public Relations Don Perry died "suddenly" Friday morning, the company confirmed. Perry was based in the Atlanta area and worked in Chick-fil-A's corporate communications department.

Perry's death comes amid controversy this week over comments that Chick-fil-A's CEO Dan Cathy made against gay marriage. Cathy told the Baptist Press that he was "guilty as charged" for supporting "the biblical definition of the family unit."

http://news.yahoo.co...s-politics.html

I don't recall the bible overtly stating that slavery was good, just that it said on how to treat slaves, as the bible was written during a time where slaves were a common form of economics.

"The Bible does not specifically condemn the practice of slavery. It gives instructions on how slaves should be treated (Deuteronomy 15:12-15; Ephesians 6:9; Colossians 4:1), but does not outlaw the practice altogether. Many see this as the Bible condoning all forms of slavery. What many people fail to understand is that slavery in Biblical times was very different from the slavery that was practiced in the past few centuries in many parts of the world. The slavery in the Bible was not based exclusively on race. People were not enslaved because of their nationality or the color of their skin. In Bible times, slavery was more of a social status. People sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their family. In New Testament times, sometimes doctors, lawyers, and even politicians were slaves of someone else. Some people actually chose to be slaves so as to have all their needs provided for by their master.

The slavery of the past few centuries was often based exclusively on skin color. Black people were considered slaves because of their nationality – many slave owners truly believed black people to be “inferior human beings” to white people. The Bible most definitely does condemn race-based slavery. Consider the slavery the Hebrews experienced when they were in Egypt. The Hebrew were slaves, not by choice, but because they were Hebrews (Exodus 13:14). The plagues God poured out on Egypt demonstrate how God feels about racial slavery (Exodus 7-11). So, yes, the Bible does condemn some forms of slavery. At the same time, the Bible does seem to allow for other forms of slavery. The key issue is that the slavery the Bible allowed for in no way resembled the racial slavery that plagued our world in the past few centuries.

Another crucial point is that the purpose of the Bible is to point the way to salvation, not to reform society. The Bible often approaches issues from the inside-out. If a person experiences the love, mercy, and grace of God, receiving His salvation – God will reform his soul, changing the way he thinks and acts. A person who has experienced God’s gift of salvation and freedom from the slavery of sin, as God reforms his soul, he will realize that enslaving another human being is wrong. A person who has truly experienced God’s grace will in turn be gracious towards others. That would be the Bible’s prescription for ending slavery."

Source: gotquestions. org

I don't recall the bible overtly stating that slavery was good, just that it said on how to treat slaves, as the bible was written during a time where slaves were a common form of economics.

"The Bible does not specifically condemn the practice of slavery. It gives instructions on how slaves should be treated (Deuteronomy 15:12-15; Ephesians 6:9; Colossians 4:1), but does not outlaw the practice altogether. Many see this as the Bible condoning all forms of slavery. What many people fail to understand is that slavery in Biblical times was very different from the slavery that was practiced in the past few centuries in many parts of the world. The slavery in the Bible was not based exclusively on race. People were not enslaved because of their nationality or the color of their skin. In Bible times, slavery was more of a social status. People sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their family. In New Testament times, sometimes doctors, lawyers, and even politicians were slaves of someone else. Some people actually chose to be slaves so as to have all their needs provided for by their master.

The slavery of the past few centuries was often based exclusively on skin color. Black people were considered slaves because of their nationality – many slave owners truly believed black people to be “inferior human beings” to white people. The Bible most definitely does condemn race-based slavery. Consider the slavery the Hebrews experienced when they were in Egypt. The Hebrew were slaves, not by choice, but because they were Hebrews (Exodus 13:14). The plagues God poured out on Egypt demonstrate how God feels about racial slavery (Exodus 7-11). So, yes, the Bible does condemn some forms of slavery. At the same time, the Bible does seem to allow for other forms of slavery. The key issue is that the slavery the Bible allowed for in no way resembled the racial slavery that plagued our world in the past few centuries.

Another crucial point is that the purpose of the Bible is to point the way to salvation, not to reform society. The Bible often approaches issues from the inside-out. If a person experiences the love, mercy, and grace of God, receiving His salvation – God will reform his soul, changing the way he thinks and acts. A person who has experienced God’s gift of salvation and freedom from the slavery of sin, as God reforms his soul, he will realize that enslaving another human being is wrong. A person who has truly experienced God’s grace will in turn be gracious towards others. That would be the Bible’s prescription for ending slavery."

Source: gotquestions. org

im so sick of tim thomas and his opinions. the guy obviously loves to make an ass out of himself, he hides behind his facebook page to justify skipping the white house visit, taking a year off, now this. every time i think hes done the stupidest thing possible, he drains more water out of the pool!!

No human being should be denied basic human rights based on religion, political beliefs, sexual orientations etc etc.........this is the fundemental tenent of the Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms.........I'm all for free speech until you start denying people their basic human rights........especially when it has no effect on any one else's life, in any way

Archived