The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tim Thomas comes out against gay marriage

I think just because a majority of people think Gay Marriage is wrong, doesn't mean it should be considered so. People all have their own personal lifestyles, and IMO, I think in this case, a majority shouldn't have to decide whether this is right or wrong. If two men or two woman want to get married, let them, it's their choice, and it's not hurting anyone.

Thomas then quoted Cathy, who said he supports “the biblical definition of the family unit.”

“I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a

/topic/333710-tim-thomas-comes-out-against-gay-marriage/#">marriage,’” Thomas quoted Cathy from The Ken Coleman Show. “I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we would have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is all about.”

Man chill out! I pray our generation eventually legalizes this everywhere. If a man loves another man, and wants to get married, that's his choice, and the rest of society shouldn't decide that for him. Just because "you" believe it's wrong doesn't mean their love life should suffer... stay out of it. If you believe the "traditional family" marriage is the way to go, fine, that's your choice, no one's pestering you about it. That's the way it should be on both ends.

FYI

Religion had nothing to do with 9/11

The US government defends Israeli interests.

Israel have been torturing and murdering the Palestinian people for years, after invading their country.

The US also controls and defends middle eastern financial interests. They defend those interests with deadly force.

9/11 was about money and power, not religion.

If he's so upset about gays ruining the meaning of "marriage" then I'd love to hear what he thinks of the abundance of actors who stay married for a few days before calling it quits.

If anything, that's defacing the institution and integrity of being married, not a loving homosexual couple who may even love each other more than most heterosexual couples where divorce rates are so high.

No suprise here, Thomas embodies everything that is wrong with the US. Guns and God. I truly believe Thomas and his right wing ilk are on the wrong side of history, and we'll be regarding them in the following generations the same way we regard slave owners today.

Archived