The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth

I was looking at David Booth's stats today, curious, and I realized something. In a season riddled with injuries, line juggling, and being a new team with chemistry still needing to be built, he still managed to pot 16 in 56, putting him on pace for roughly 27 goals. This is without any real power play time, either!

So, this got me to thinking. When he was with Florida, playing with Stephen Weiss (and essentially only Weiss), being riddled with concussion issues, and the whole likes, he still managed to pot over 20 goals 3 times, eclipsing 30 once. He also played a LOT of time on the powerplay. Now, why is this interesting?

Booth is a big body. Everyone knows that. He can drive to the net, has a wicked shot, and has great hands. If Kesler starts the season (which Gillis says is possible), and Higgins/Hansen/Raymond/Burrows/Doan are able to fully connect that chemistry... Who's to say he can't easily hit over 30 goals if he stays healthy? There's no reason not to.

The scariest thing about this is if Booth gets time on the 1st powerplay unit, which could be fantastic considering he could clear the net when Kesler isn't in front, and could also feed and take shots when Kesler is. That added punch from the powerplay really makes me think that Booth could score 40 or more, and the stats support it. Full powerplay time with developed chemistry could push Booth over the top.

:towel:

Booth is immensely talented.

However ,he has suffered three on ice concussions ,the Richards hit rendering him unconscious.

Booth is one hit away from potential retirement so if there is any common sense in the head office they will find and sign a large player that can open up the ice for him.

It is not Kesler in the form we saw last year.Get another winger with some presence to protect this guy,Gillis.

Come on and clue in.

However ,he has suffered three on ice concussions ,the Richards hit rendering him unconscious.

Booth is one hit away from potential retirement so if there is any common sense in the head office they will find and sign a large player that can open up the ice for him.

It is not Kesler in the form we saw last year.Get another winger with some presence to protect this guy,Gillis.

Come on and clue in.

Booth is at his best when he is cutting towards the net looking to smack in rebounds. He is not going to score any goals with his god awful shot. Seriously he needs to be working on how to shoot a hockey puck and not bears.

Biggest problem I see with the Booth, Kesler & whoever unit is the passing or their give and go. They seem to have a problem with reading off one another, trying to do too much themselves individually, not using their teammates properly. Kesler's bad shoulder didn't help nor the revolving personal...Kesler, Booth & Higgins playing healthy might just get be able to get it going...I for one can only hope.

Gillis has had five years to protect the Sedin's and has not.

Dan now is a head injured Sedin as a result.

Booth has had three head injuries.Protect these guys.

The Mason Raymonds of the hockey world won't do it and Gillis loves to trade the true hitters and punishers he has been given-Torres and Rypien.

Get off the tuna boat,Gillis.

Gillis has had five years to protect the Sedin's and has not.

Dan now is a head injured Sedin as a result.

Booth has had three head injuries.Protect these guys.

The Mason Raymonds of the hockey world won't do it and Gillis loves to trade the true hitters and punishers he has been given-Torres and Rypien.

Get off the tuna boat,Gillis.

No hockey sense at all, he was put with the Sedin's on a few occasions, looked totally lost.

Can't make a pass to save his life. Perhaps gifted physically, but that's about the extent of it.

He's a space cadet and I'll be surprised if he ever surpasses the 25-goal mark.

Come on and clue in.

No hockey sense at all, he was put with the Sedin's on a few occasions, looked totally lost.

Can't make a pass to save his life. Perhaps gifted physically, but that's about the extent of it.

He's a space cadet and I'll be surprised if he ever surpasses the 25-goal mark.

Archived