Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

where would you start booth in september, RW or LW?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

Poll: where would you start booth in september, RW or LW?

RW or LW?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Soren5556

Soren5556

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing booth play with the sedins when the season starts just to see how it works out

#32 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,292 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

Put him on the right side with the twins to start the season because:

1) Burrows wasn't showing much chemistry with the Sedins down the stretch when they had their career-long drought
2) Booth had some success playing with the twins in the limited time he got
3) Burrows is getting older and past his prime, Booth is much younger and has more potential so more likely to break out
4) Booth is a bigger body and takes the puck much harder to the net than Burrows
5) Burrows has plenty of chemistry with Lapierre in the games they played together last season

Therefore I want to see this to start next season:

Sedin - Sedin - Booth
Burrows - Lapierre - Higgins
Raymond - Malhotra - Hansen
Kassian - Gaunce/Schroeder/Ebbett - Weise/Jensen/Volpatti/Pinizotto
Posted Image

#33 Trade Deadline

Trade Deadline

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

Whichever wing he plays better..

Posted Image

#34 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,925 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

1) Burrows wasn't showing much chemistry with the Sedins down the stretch when they had their career-long drought
3) Burrows is getting older and past his prime, Booth is much younger and has more potential so more likely to break out
4) Booth is a bigger body and takes the puck much harder to the net than Burrows
5) Burrows has plenty of chemistry with Lapierre in the games they played together last season

Sedin - Sedin - Booth

Taking Burrows away from the twins has proven detrimental to his offensive game. Prior to being set up with the twins, he didn't have much of an offensive game. We all knew that. To no surprise, when Daniel suffered that 18 game injury two seasons ago, Burrows still had a decent overall point total; 9 in 18 games. However he only had two goals in that entire span. Either way, it wasn't good enough for a first line role and I highly doubt that would suddenly change playing with different line mates.
Posted Image

#35 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:45 AM

I would like him to be starting in Winnipeg and Evander Kane starting on our left wing in his place.
Kevin.jpg

#36 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

If higgy or MayRay is on is line start him at RW, if Kass has a good camp and is on the second line then LW because Kass has a right shot

What he said.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#37 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

I would like him to be starting in Winnipeg and Evander Kane starting on our left wing in his place.

now this is perfect

hat's off to you!! :towel:

#38 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

as long as kesler's center, im fine ^_^

Move kesler to the wing.

#39 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

Sedin - Sedin - Booth

I thought you left town when you would not answer my question in the other topic.

#40 kentk

kentk

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

Retarded

#41 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80,708 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

Left wing, if we get Doan.

307mg00.jpg

#42 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

lololol
Posted Image

#43 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

So you can't drive the net if you play LW? I personally don't care how he does it, who is on his line, etc. as long as we can actually get some offense every game and most definitely in the playoffs...

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

#44 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Depth Charts by natural position;

RS > Booth, Hansen, Kassian, Weise
LS > Danny, Burrows, Higgins, Raymond, Jensen

We have had Burrows playing right side for years on his off wing because we've had nobody better. Why create more in balance by playing Booth on the wrong side?

:sadno:

#45 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

Whatever side he normally and more comfortably plays. Probably Right Wing.
Posted Image

#46 kacvan

kacvan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Booth is a left winger...it would make sence to put him on the left side...unless we have too many left wingers then try him on the right side.
Posted Image

Keep The Faith The Canucks Will Win!!

#47 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:22 PM

as long as kesler's center, im fine ^_^

You are fine with the fact the 2 nd line will be it usual useless self headed by Kesler.

#48 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:34 AM

You are fine with the fact the 2 nd line will be it usual useless self headed by Kesler.

Kesler is NOT the problem.

How come some guys on here continually excuse the fact that Booth doesn't pass well, doesn't defend like a 2nd liner and continually loses the puck rather than pass, putting it all down to his injuries or his newness to the team ..............................................and yet Kesler, a guy who laid his body on the line for us and has shown he can play with Sammy AND Raymond gets no recognition of his injuries?
Kevin.jpg

#49 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:04 AM

Do you even watch hockey?

He says he's more comfortable on the left but he also acknowledged that it's easier to drive the net from the right. Probably will depend on the other winger (hopefully not Raymond).

Can you read? Where in the OP does it say anything you mentioned?

personally, he is RW in the my mind because how he is fearless to drive to the net....that was that tipping point for me before he started to drive to the net i was "i dont know about this guy" but after i was like "wow, finally someone charges the net...love this guy"

im assuming you guys play the game?????? you are much more effective driving to the net on your back hand so that you can tuck it in on your forehand

I didn't say anywhere that this fact isn't true. That much is obvious. Your OP didn't say anything about anything. "He drives the net I think he should play RW"

So you think he should play right wing because he drives the net once a game? That's your entire premise for this thread?

RIP LB RR PD

#50 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

Depth Charts by natural position;

RS > Booth, Hansen, Kassian, Weise
LS > Danny, Burrows, Higgins, Raymond, Jensen

We have had Burrows playing right side for years on his off wing because we've had nobody better. Why create more in balance by playing Booth on the wrong side?

:sadno:

Burrows plays great on his off side, some players have no trouble switching wings and some do. I could care less what side booth plays on as long as he is not on a line with the twins on with Ryan centering his line. He can't play the twins game and is too much the same player (non passer) as Ryan to work unless they had a playmaking center to feed them.

Edited by Nino, 28 July 2012 - 12:27 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.