The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

You are a Canuck!

Bertorama

We've all thought about it....dreamt it.....or even created that player on EA sports.

This topic is for fun.

If you were to be a Canuck player new to the team through trade acquisition

1. Who would you be? Ie aggressive checking heart of the team, talented top scoring flash, steady and solid shut down defenceman or something else?

2. Who are your line mates ( active only) and what number is your jersey?

3. What is your Salary?

I'm a hard working third liner right wing who checks hard and steps up in clutch moments to contribute offensively but likes a good fight and is never afraid to throw down. I really just want to play hard and have a beer after the game.

I'm number 8 and I'm on a line with Lappier and Higgins with a touch for a nice goal and hard wrist shot

I make 1.3 million with bonus possibilities

We've all thought about it....dreamt it.....or even created that player on EA sports.

This topic is for fun.

If you were to be a Canuck player new to the team through trade acquisition

1. Who would you be? Ie aggressive checking heart of the team, talented top scoring flash, steady and solid shut down defenceman or something else?

2. Who are your line mates ( active only) and what number is your jersey?

3. What is your Salary?

I'm a hard working third liner right wing who checks hard and steps up in clutch moments to contribute offensively but likes a good fight and is never afraid to throw down. I really just want to play hard and have a beer after the game.

I'm number 8 and I'm on a line with Lappier and Higgins with a touch for a nice goal and hard wrist shot

I make 1.3 million with bonus possibilities

funny.

id be first line centre because i can dish the puck and snipe the weldings. love being an inspiring leader who leads by example with all heart because that is why we all play and love the game. would like burrows on the wing and probably kassian because hes young and gonna stick up for all the hard nosed forechecking Burr and I would be doing. fights would be plenty. salary would be no more than 6.5mil per because it's always good to share the wealth throughout your dynasty team. long term contract, i wanna retire a Canuck. oh yeah, i back check like a madman! definitely would be lucky 13.

1. Checking Line LW with extreme defensive abilities and good playmaking skills. Strong on the puck, but not at all physical.

2. 17 is unavailable, I'd go with 71.

3. 2.5 mil.

I'm very, very clutch defensively. Can backcheck in serious situations.

Comparable to Patrick Sharp, Henrik Zetterberg.

I'd Like to be with Schroeder and Hansen.

I've never even played beer league hockey and you want me to play for the Canucks? Maybe the team would visit me in the hospital after someone on the other team puts me in a body cast.

Back-up goalie, way down on the depth chart. Brought in for game seven of the SCF on an emergency basis because the usual starter was injured, and they couldn't get another guy in to act as back-up to the usual back-up. When the usual back-up is injured in the warm up I have to start.

I play the entire game, and most of four OT periods, facing about 100 shots, before winning the game 1 - 0, on a goal which I set-up on a break-away pass to a fourth liner who is out there only because the coach is trying to give the other guys a breather and he was stuck out there due to an icing call.

I then retire, because, how can you top that?

regards,

G.

1. Steady defenseman all the way.

2. I could be the 7th d-man for all I care so I have no preference on line-mates.

My jersey number would be whatever single digit number is available as long as it isn't #1.

3. My salary could be anything. I would just be super psyched to be playing for the Canucks.

1) I would be in the playmaker/dangler category as I like to pass more often than shoot. I got a pretty nasty toe drag too

2) My number would be 77 and my line mates would be Booth & Kesler

3) I'd say between $1.5-$3.7 million for my salary

Ive often wondered what would happen If I actually worked at my skating and honed my offensive abilities. Every time I see a canuck get hit hard or dirty im always thinking to myself (Self, If you were there that guy wouldn't get away with that).

Im in good shape, im 6'1 240 (lower center of gravity helps balance and also to prevent unintentional shoulder to face penalties)

I shoot left unfortunately so im not special

Uncannily fast.. especially for my size maneuverability could use some drills

Ohwell, one can always wish... Maybe ill be walking the street one day and see someone hit a canuck, ill go beast mode on him :P

Back-up goalie, way down on the depth chart. Brought in for game seven of the SCF on an emergency basis because the usual starter was injured, and they couldn't get another guy in to act as back-up to the usual back-up. When the usual back-up is injured in the warm up I have to start.

I play the entire game, and most of four OT periods, facing about 100 shots, before winning the game 1 - 0, on a goal which I set-up on a break-away pass to a fourth liner who is out there only because the coach is trying to give the other guys a breather and he was stuck out there due to an icing call.

I then retire, because, how can you top that?

regards,

G.

Mine is similar to yours.

I'd be the aggressive 3rd line winger, who hits hard and is defensively responsible, sort of like Hansen or Higgins. My shooting ability isn't that great, but that isn't why I'm on the team. My passing is pretty good, and I sometimes like to make pretty no look backhand passes to set up goals, but I'm no Sedin. I'm a bit of an agitator, not dirty, but am definitely not going to back down, so I'm also sort of like Burrows or Lapierre. I'm fast like Hansen, able to get to the play quickly and effectively, and also have enough speed to throw hard hits.

I like to throw my body around a lot. I am not extremely large, at 6'0 at 180, but I know how to use my body to make defensive plays. I'm also only 20, so I have time to gain the weight.

I'm willing to fight when the time comes, and although I'm no heavyweight pro, I know how to throw enough punches to make a statement.

Although I am a hard hitting agitator, I stay out of the box most of the time, and often draw more penalties than I take.

I centre the third line with Hansen and Higgins, and we together make one of the best shutdown lines in the NHL. We also have a decent scoring touch, with Hansen and Higgins getting 20 each, and I get 10. At the end of the season my goal total is 10, and my assist total is 20, putting me at 30 points. But as I stated earlier, I'm not on the team to score goals.

In the playoffs is where I really find my place, agitating the snot other team, and crushing them with my speedy hits. In the SCF I score 2 goals and get 3 assists in a 7 game series. I also get a game misconduct in game 5, for fighting multiple players and leaving the penalty box. I also get in trouble for then fingering the players in the heat of the moment, leading to a bench clearing brawl. I get suspended for 1 game, before returning for game seven. In game seven, in overtime, I block a shot on an empty net (goalie sprawled out of play), saving the game, the play then turns around and goes to Sedin (line change), before he passes to Sedin, who puts it in the net. We win in 7.

After that, instead of asking for a huge payout after my ELC expires, I take a huge discount to stay in Vancouver at 1 million, and stay the 3rd line centre.

Either that, or I am the franchise centre, who consistently puts up 80+ goal season, with 170 points. Who also is 6'6, 245, and one of the hardest hitters in the league. I also take a huge discount to play in Vancouver, and have Kesler and Booth on my wings, (Sedins on the second line with Burrows). My salary would only be 5 million.

Hey, it's fantasy world right?

(Cool thread idea. I like it when people do interesting ones, that actually are fun, instead of just whiny rehashings of other posters old threads.)

Archived