#31 ilovewinona

ilovewinona

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

I'm dreaming about this daily, hehe :)

1. I'd like to be a playmaker that could put up 70+ assists and 20-25 goals each season (I've always prefered assists to goals), but still I'd be a beast in the own zone. I would play similar to Peter Forsberg (hard and gritty) and skate like Henrik Zetterberg.

2. I would be the Canucks' second left wing and play with Kes and Higgy. On the powerplay I'd be ripping it up with Hank and Danny, forming the "Swede Line".

The number I'd wear would be 9, I think. Since I wouldn't dare to touch number 10, for obvious reasons.

3. A forward with numbers like that don't come cheap these days, how ever I'd be making a statement and play for a lot less then my market value. For details you'd have to contact my imaginary agent :)

25spxza.jpg

#32 dura_mater

dura_mater

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:05 AM

We've all thought about it....dreamt it.....or even created that player on EA sports.

This topic is for fun.

If you were to be a Canuck player new to the team through trade acquisition

1. Who would you be? Ie aggressive checking heart of the team, talented top scoring flash, steady and solid shut down defenceman or something else?

2. Who are your line mates ( active only) and what number is your jersey?

3. What is your Salary?

I'm a hard working third liner right wing who checks hard and steps up in clutch moments to contribute offensively but likes a good fight and is never afraid to throw down. I really just want to play hard and have a beer after the game.

I'm number 8 and I'm on a line with Lappier and Higgins with a touch for a nice goal and hard wrist shot

I make 1.3 million with bonus possibilities

Well seeing as you didn't put any restrictions on this...

I'm a RW who consistently puts up 60+ goals each season. I win the Calder in my rookie year, along with the Rocket Richard, Hart, Art Ross, and Conn Smythe. I'm a + +/- player my entire career, a leader, and dominate the individual trophy awards but couldn't care less as the Stanley Cup is the only trophy I covet. Don't care who I play with because anyone on my line instantly plays better. I make 4M because I love playing for my team and my city (Vancouver) and I want my GM to be able to ice a good team around me (even though they could win the cup with me and an entire team of plugs). I'm a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame when I retire. I dominate every statistical category in the NHL that 10 years after I retire they name a new trophy after me. Every time I score a goal women throw their bra and panties onto the ice. As a result women have to start wearing multiple sets of undergarments to games. In interviews during the regular season I seem bored as I'm getting impatient waiting for the real season to start in April. I help the Vancouver Canucks become a dynasty over the 20 years I play for them and win 17 Stanley Cups.
"BoKnows53"
My stinky team isn't on top of the Standings anymore Waah waaahh, fire everyone because I say so

- New Era Canucks Fans

#33 Fudd

Fudd

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:25 AM

1. right side d man on the second pairing, gritty and very physical, sticks up for teammates, might rack up the PIMs

play with garrison

number is 61

making 3.5 mil

Edited by Fudd, 27 July 2012 - 02:26 AM.

#34 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:41 AM

1. Who would you be? Ie aggressive checking heart of the team, talented top scoring flash, steady and solid shut down defenceman or something else?

2. Who are your line mates ( active only) and what number is your jersey?

3. What is your Salary?

1. I would be a 2nd/3rd line guy, Defense-first centerman, I'm a bit under 5'10 at 17 so might grow a bit more and I'm a decent weight for a 17 year old (birthday was on the 20th) at 178lbs, comparable to Stan Smyl. Decent-to-good speed, hit hard, shoot harder, think pass-first, I play Lacrosse a lot more than hockey so my hand-eye is awesome. Probably about 60-65 points in the height of my prime, 27 goals 33 assists 102 PIM's (I am not afraid to drop the gloves) with a +/- of 28, something in that range. Might get an "A" over my heart at some point in my career.

2. My linemates would be Nicklas Jensen to the right of me and Jannik Hansen to the left, I'm part Danish so we'd be the Danish-Canadian trio and be great at both ends of the ice. I would wear number 10, in honor of my Uncle who made the NLL and taught me everything I know about Lacrosse and how to give your all in everything you do and because of Pavel Bure, my 2nd favourite hockey player.

3. To play on the Vancouver Canucks would be the greatest honour I could wish to achieve. My annual salary would be 2 million per year, lots would go back into the community by means of donations, and I'd do community stuff all the time.

Edited by Hansen 36, 27 July 2012 - 02:44 AM.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#35 Harry Palms

Harry Palms

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:51 AM

Pavel bure v2.0

Explosive skater, pure sniper that can hit hard and agitate

I'd be drafted in 2009 and make some call up appearances last season before making the team out of training camp 12-13. Entry level deal.

Booth - Kesler - Me

68GP 25G 23A 48PTS regular season,

23GP 16G 9A 25PTS post season en route to a stanley cup ::D

Edited by Harry Palms, 27 July 2012 - 02:54 AM.

#36 DW23

DW23

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:26 AM

I'd definitely be a center. top line or 2nd line. I'd need a hard nosed winger by my side who sticks up for me cuz I like to agitate but would not love to fight. I'd fight guys my size but don't really wanna get messed up.

I'm a good passer but questionable finish so my other wing would preferably be a true sniper.

I love to play PP and step up when it matters.

my number would be #8, #16 (sorry Trev) or #23, whichever is available.

I'd sign for a hometown discount because it doesn't matter how much I get, I want management to be available to sign other top players so we could attract top names, around 3m

I'd give anything to step through the players tunnel for game 1 in the playoffs!!!!

sig courtesy of luongorox

#37 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:38 AM

I would be the starting goalie. In the locker rooms before games, I would be super focused and not talk to anyone for long periods of time. I would be a very small goalie, 5' 9" or 5' 10". My jersey number is 40, and my backup would be Cory Schneider. I have an average of about .915 SV% per year, and a 2.30 GAA. As a goalie, I would earn $4,500,000.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#38 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:50 AM

I'm Luongo.

Minus the meltdowns.

Salary: 599,999... I strive to be the lowest paid 1 way contract on the team. Giving home town discount a new meaning.

I'll make the money back selling the grease from the hair in retail locations as hair product.
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#39 Yjirda

Yjirda

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:48 AM

Hi there!!

Based on my nhl 12 char:

1. right handed sniper with the twins

2. nr. 71 (year of birth in the real world)

3. 6.3 mil one year (just finished my entry contract)

Edited by Yjirda, 27 July 2012 - 06:49 AM.

#40 vancityvi11an

vancityvi11an

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

1. goalie - hybrid

3. 5m

#41 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,689 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

Think Shea Weber production from a guy the size of Ballard, and shoots left.

I hit, I set up plays, I clear the net, I shoot for the net, and let the forwards pick up juicy rebounds.

50+ points Offensive Defenseman who isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas. $1-2 Million is fine. Besides I'll have
product endorsements. Every interview, I'll go. "I did this good because I work hard, and eat a PowerBar ™ before the game!"
That will also probably stop the reporters from interviewing me. ;)
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#42 StevenStamkos

StevenStamkos

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

1. Elite 60 goal rocket Richard sniper

3. 7.5 mil cap hit

Follow me on twitter! @RealStamkos91

#43 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

If I could play in the NHL the same way I do now I'd be a kind of power forward/playmaker hybrid, not the strongest or most ferocious checker (I'm only 6'0" 201lbs but I play feisty), but I definitely give it my all every game and the one thing I pride myself on the most is I'm not a greedy player, for instince one game we were playing we were up 3-2 near the end of the third and they pulled their goalie and I had the puck going into their zone and my buddy was coming up the left side so I dished off to him so he could pot the empty netter. I play RW or C, either or, I prefer C but seeing as the Canucks don't need another C I'll play RW, preferably with Kes and Higgs or Booth, maybe give me a shot at 1st line with the twins, if I earn it. Salary? I dunno, $0.525mil? Isn't that the league minimum? Oh, and I wear the number 18.

Edited by gumballthechewy, 27 July 2012 - 08:40 AM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#44 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

I like the way I played a as a power forward when I was a kid it was fun

RW
power forward like bertuzzi
2mill

favorite move dragging the puck to the net with one hand

too bad I can't do that any more.

#45 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Well seeing as you didn't put any restrictions on this...

I'm a RW who consistently puts up 60+ goals each season. I win the Calder in my rookie year, along with the Rocket Richard, Hart, Art Ross, and Conn Smythe. I'm a + +/- player my entire career, a leader, and dominate the individual trophy awards but couldn't care less as the Stanley Cup is the only trophy I covet. Don't care who I play with because anyone on my line instantly plays better. I make 4M because I love playing for my team and my city (Vancouver) and I want my GM to be able to ice a good team around me (even though they could win the cup with me and an entire team of plugs). I'm a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame when I retire. I dominate every statistical category in the NHL that 10 years after I retire they name a new trophy after me. Every time I score a goal women throw their bra and panties onto the ice. As a result women have to start wearing multiple sets of undergarments to games. In interviews during the regular season I seem bored as I'm getting impatient waiting for the real season to start in April. I help the Vancouver Canucks become a dynasty over the 20 years I play for them and win 17 Stanley Cups.

I was waiting for someone to make a post like this. Gave me a laugh, would read again.

This is why these games are kind of silly. :P

#46 california chick

california chick

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

I am 6 foot 6 power forward and 230 pounds and plays a similar game to milan lucic score 30+ goals around 70-80 points.
Plays with sedins on the first line as RW.
my number is 99 and have a contract 6 years 98 million, taking a hometown discount

#47 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

I am 6 foot 6 power forward and 230 pounds and plays a similar game to milan lucic score 30+ goals around 70-80 points.
Plays with sedins on the first line as RW.
my number is 99 and have a contract 6 years 98 million, taking a hometown discount

The number 99 has been retired leauge wide...

Edited by gumballthechewy, 27 July 2012 - 10:40 AM.

#48 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

Retired :(

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#49 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

power forward 6'4" 245lbs can skate like the wind,and have Datsykian skills
sign with the team at a home town discount 7 mil.
jersy #70
First season with the team we dominate the league and win presidents trophy
first round of the playoffs we face San Jose,second game in I destroy Joe Thorton with a clean but devastating hit,BOOM out for the playoffs.we go on to win series
second round of playoffs we face L.A. 3rd game in I destroy Dustin brown with a clean but devastating hit,BOOM out for the playoffs.we go on to win series.
3rd round we face Chicago.1st game in I destroy Duncan Keith with a clean but devastating hit,BOOM out for the playoffs.We go on to win series.
In the final we face the Bruins.1st game in I destroy Brad Marchand with a clean but devastating hit,BOOM out for the playoffs.Second game in I destroy Zdeno Chara with a clean but devastating hit,BOOM out for the playoffs.Boston folds like a cheap tent and we win the final 4-0 wining the Stanly cup for the first time in Frachise history.
My linemates of course would be Hank&Daniel

Edited by Cromeslab, 27 July 2012 - 10:50 AM.

Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#50 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

power forward 6'4" 245lbs can skate like the wind,and have Datsykian skills
sign with the team at a home town discount 7 mil.
jersy #70
First season with the team we dominate the league and win presidents trophy
first round of the playoffs we face San Jose,second game in I destroy Joe Thorton with a clean but devastating hit,BOOM out for the playoffs.we go on to win series
second round of playoffs we face L.A. 3rd game in I destroy Dustin brown with a clean but devastating hit,BOOM out for the playoffs.we go on to win series.
3rd round we face Chicago.1st game in I destroy Duncan Keith with a clean but devastating hit,BOOM out for the playoffs.We go on to win series.
In the final we face the Bruins.1st game in I destroy Brad Marchand with a clean but devastating hit,BOOM out for the playoffs.Second game in I destroy Zdeno Chara with a clean but devastating hit,BOOM out for the playoffs.Boston folds like a cheap tent and we win the final 4-0 wining the Stanly cup for the first time in Frachise history.

I'm liking the way you dream! :)

#51 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

To be truthful at this point I would be playing for the Alumni, but here goes:

1. Heavy-hitting power Forward (yes I am comfortable in all three forward spots) with a heavy, accurate shot. Good on Face-offs and loves the front of the net. Good hand/eye means lots oof nice tip-ins.

2. Sorry OP, the Cammer wears number 8

3. $888,888
Posted Image

#52 lenny rednuts

lenny rednuts

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

I'd be #47, eighth or ninth defenseman, eating popcorn in the press box most of the year. A career year would be 0 goals 3 assists making league minimum. You still wouldn't be able to knock that smile off my face!

#53 Bob Singh

Bob Singh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

Goalie

# 67

lol i would be happy with 500k, but actualy i would say 4 million.
Posted Image
Credit for "Great Save Luongo" sig goes to -Vintage Canuck-
Credit for Olympic sig goes to Motzaburger.

#54 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

left wing sniper with a crazy accurate shot. hard working captain material who is also defensively responsible.

number 88

8.8 million after my 55 goal season and 60 assists
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#55 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

right wing watered down Gretzky type player 40 goals, 40 assists per year

# 44

4.7 million a year

#56 70seven

70seven

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

- 6'1 - 210 - 2 way right handed 2nd pairing D-man

- Jersey #7

- Cerebral and positional like Tanev, but mobility and physicality like Edler. Much more of a playmaker than a shooter (2 goals, 30 assist potential), but prefers to stay at home and cover up for pinching teammates. Prefers to keep nose clean, but will scrap to back up a teammate.

- 2.75 million

#57 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,410 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

1. 3rd line right winger who can play well defensively as well as chip in and produce up front when I have to.
2. I would wear #10
3. Maybe around $1.5M

Edited by -Vintage Canuck-, 27 July 2012 - 12:46 PM.

307mg00.jpg

#58 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,239 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

I'd be a solid two-way defenseman. Quite small, but I'd be like Willie Mitchell with poke-checks and shot blocking. I might chip in with a goal here and there. Good outlet passes.

I'd play on either the 2nd or 3rd 'D' pairing with maybe Garrison or Ballard. Ballard would complement my style more.

Line: 2nd or 3rd Defensive Pairing
Play with: Ballard
Number: #24
Style: Two-Way defenseman (more defensive though)
Production: 2-5 goals, 10-25 assists, 12-30 points in a full season.
Salary: $900K - $1.5M (I could be paid more, but I'd take a home team discount of course :P)

Edited by ajhockey, 27 July 2012 - 12:55 PM.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#59 Oregon Canucky

Oregon Canucky

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

after 120 surgeries to break my femurs and heal them a tad longer (so i can grow a few (at LEAST 6 (to put me at the "minimum")) inches), id be at Right D

I want a stick taller than me because (im short) I poke/stick check like a master fencer!

Whoops lost yer puck! Whoops ya lost it again!

The forwards just hang around the neutral zone while i poke pucks to them all game.

protecting the puck wont do much, cause ill chirp at you till you would rather slash the crap out of me than worry about stick position (im a tad masochistic)

Id be an aggravating, poking, pylon for 900 thou

but i HAVE to wear number 6. if not i want a 50 thousand dollar raise...

*wanders off*

Edited by Oregon Canucky, 27 July 2012 - 01:47 PM.

Posted Image

Portland Oregon: The first U.S. city to play for the Stanley Cup!

#60 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

1. Aggressive Checker/Grinder LW/RW, with a hard shot.

2. Lappy, Higgs.

3. What is your Salary? 2-2.25M

Tough winger, hard to play against in the corners, can scrap when needed, hard shot.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.