Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Which Team As A Canuck Fan Do You Like The Least (From A Rival Standpoint)?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
93 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Team As A Canuck Fan Do You Like The Least (From A Rival Standpoint)? (268 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Team As A Canuck Fan Do You Like The Least (From A Rival Standpoint)?

1. Boston (147 votes [54.85%])

Percentage of vote: 54.85%

2. Chicago (83 votes [30.97%])

Percentage of vote: 30.97%

3. Los Angeles (9 votes [3.36%])

Percentage of vote: 3.36%

4. Nashville (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. San Jose (1 votes [0.37%])

Percentage of vote: 0.37%

6. Calgary (18 votes [6.72%])

Percentage of vote: 6.72%

7. Edmonton (7 votes [2.61%])

Percentage of vote: 2.61%

8. Minnesota (3 votes [1.12%])

Percentage of vote: 1.12%

9. Colorado (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

Vote and please explain why.

#2 Bauer1337

Bauer1337

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

Edmonton, because in a couple years will be getting our asses handed to by them.

#3 Ryan Kesler RK17

Ryan Kesler RK17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

Boston heres why:
Dirty scump bags
Without them we would've won a cup
Posted ImagePosted Image
Thnx to Vintage Canuck. for my awesome sig

#4 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

Boston. They are a dirty team who breaks as many rules as the refs let them get away with.
Posted Image

#5 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

Edmonton, because in a couple years will be getting our asses handed to by them.

I don't think so. So many people have a hard one for Edmonton. RNH has great hands and hockey sense, but he's basically Doogie Howser on skates. Edmonton will not be the dynasty you think they will.
Posted Image

#6 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

Calgary, cause everything about Calgary screams douchebag

Ya... I work on he rigs and my Girlfriend is a waitress and I wear white Oakley sunglasses and I have a dodge Cummings with a 12" lift and a ktm 250 dirt bike in the box with my monster energy drink, sticker in the back window and listen to my exhaust, I have a chip, I have so much money!! On my days off I take my Malibu wake setter to BC, my truck is so fast that I blow by people on the highway pulling my boat with my sideways hat, kipper rules, 1989 buddy!! Ya!! That goal shoulda counted!!! Huhuhuh sedin sisters huhuhuhuh!

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#7 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

Boston. Took the cup from us and beat us up.

#8 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

People have been expecting this from Edmonton ever since they got Eberle, they have yet to finish in the top 25 in the league since

#9 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

Ya... I work on he rigs and my Girlfriend is a waitress and I wear white Oakley sunglasses and I have a dodge Cummings with a 12" lift and a ktm 250 dirt bike in the box with my monster energy drink, sticker in the back window and listen to my exhaust, I have a chip, I have so much money!! On my days off I take my Malibu wake setter to BC, my truck is so fast that I blow by people on the highway pulling my boat with my sideways hat, kipper rules, 1989 buddy!! Ya!! That goal shoulda counted!!! Huhuhuh sedin sisters huhuhuhuh!

That was hilarious

#10 Soren5556

Soren5556

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

Boston, with Chicago I can at least repsect a lot of the talent on the team with the exception of a couple players. With Boston it's the other way around. They have like 1 or 2 players with talent the rest are just goons

#11 Shoreline74

Shoreline74

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Chicago. Because they're in our conference, knocked us out of the playoffs twice in a row, and Bolland and Byfuglien (enough said)

Boston's a pretty big one as well but I think this rivlarly will die in the next season or so. They won the cup and played dirty and got away with it, we didn't. Lame, but it happened. Chicago and their fans constantly taunt us and even more so because of what Boston did.

#12 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Boston, hands down the dirtiest team in hockey I don't give a crap what people say about us Boston is far worse. The playoffs and the game on Jan 7th are all you need to see.

And their fans are a bunch of inbred neanderthals who's actions include attempting to beat up the Lightning mascot and writing racial slurs on twitter after Ward bounced them from the playoffs last year. Oh and before someone points out how our fans "rioted" we've had 2 sports riots since 1994, they've had 5 in the past decade.

Edited by TowelPower12, 26 July 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#13 Colorfulvisuals

Colorfulvisuals

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Boston (Plus the officials in the finals), the usual, scums of NHL.

#14 Jagorim Jarg

Jagorim Jarg

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

JUST GIVEN'ER

#15 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

Boston but LA is an extremely close 2nd, I think they will be our biggest rival next year unless we meet Boston or Chicago in the playoffs again.

zackass.png

#16 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Speaking of Boston, old Timbits is at it again

http://sports.yahoo....37426--nhl.html

#17 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Voted Calgary because of the length of the rivalry even though they are not much of a team anymore. But Boston is a close second because of the douchebaggery, one year opponents in the playoffs does not a rivalry make, its just makes hype for the next game. imo

#18 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,979 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:54 PM

I lived in Calgary for seven years and every word of this is true (except for the part where they take their Malibu to BC, they usually just go to Sylvan Lake or take the jacked pickup to Waiparous for some 4x4ing).

As for the poll, I hate Toronto the most. So much so that I didn't take the easy route and vote for Calgary since Toronto isn't even an option.

Edited by Kryten, 26 July 2012 - 10:55 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

Most definitely Boston. Their fans are just as bad as the team.

The thing that sticks out to me the most was when Rick passed and I was reading some comments from Bruins fans actually celebrating his death rather than passing on condolences. I get being a diehard sports fan, I get hating your rival, but that just crossed the line.

Posted Image

#20 Grape

Grape

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

I like Nashville. The fans are classy and the team and management are great too.

I don't know why they're on the list.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  
Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

Don't Click!

#21 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

frack Boston.

That is all.

RIP LB RR PD

#22 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,604 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

Boston for sure, dirtiest team in the league. They can dish out dirty hits all they want, but when someone makes a clean hard check on their player they all jump the guy. And when someone really does make a dirty hit, they go cry about it to the media. They call out other teams for dirty plays, diving, and whining even though they do it themselves.

Chicago is a close second, but the hate's kind of died down a bit ever since the guys like Buff, Eager, and Burish left. I even have a lot of respect for some players such as Toews. Of course I still hate Duncan Keith with a passion, but that's more of an individual thing. Chicago-Vancouver is just a good, fun, intense hockey rivalry.

#23 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

Chicago. We've had too many instances not to hate them.
The only reason I didn't choose Boston, is because I wouldn't consider them a true rival. More a team we all hate because they legitimately are the most dirty team in hockey right now. They play dirty, and often deliberately make reckless and dangerous plays that lead to injuries. How many injuries came from Boston compared to every other team in the past two seasons. Especially when you compare that to the Canucks. The only suspensions that have happened to us were Torres and Rome, and we let go of Torres after that season, and Romes hit wasn't intentionally dirty (or even that late compared to some of the hits in that series).
But that being said, Chicago is my most hated rival. They have players who are genuine douchebags, such as Bolland, Carcillo, and Kane, and have a fanbase that have a lot of arrogant pricks who like to harass us. The Keith hit on Sedin also solidified my hate. That was a deliberately dirty hit.
But we all know why hate Chicago, right?
Posted Image

#24 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

Vancouver should change its name to the "David Booth: Bear Hunters", I'm really not fond of the Bruins... their classless organization, exemplified by last year's management's defense of their classless players' classless actions, and that classless commentator of theirs (something Edwards) with that biased commentating just ticks me off...

AINEC

For good teams I like/ respect the Kings (for their depth and skilled size), the Sharks (good core of talented players), Minnesota (with Parise, Suter, Granlund, Koivu, Backstrom... they have a strong team), the Preds (strong team built from drafting and shrewd moves) and the Oil (they may build with the first pick but they have some strong players there). Also respect Chicago (with Carcillo gone and the dragon slain I respect Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Seabrook but not Keith for his high hit on Danny).

The rest are meh.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#25 Teksys

Teksys

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:40 PM

Boston- Scumbag team.

#26 Burr's bandwagon

Burr's bandwagon

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

Boston for sure. Players are dirty and out to intimidate and hurt instead of play the game. Congrats on having an epic goal tender who made you all look good. I couldn't stand Boston before the SCF now its x10. The fans are ridiculous too.

Nashville is an awesome organization, like the canucks.
webkit-fake-url://E0525C6D-59C8-4266-8890-6962F34EFBA6/application.pdf
-The Future

#27 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

Boston a team who get immunity and can get away with penalties and everything.......

Chicago rival is not that intense as LA Kings has replaced them as my hated number 2

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#28 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:01 AM

Boston. Dirty team that gets away with playing dirty.

However, LA is starting to piss me off with their cockiness and the lack of class (players and the organization itself - see their twitter account for example)

Chicago at least is respectable because many of their players are actually talented and not all of them play dirty.

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#29 Edge

Edge

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

Toronto

'Nuff said

#30 Go Faulk Yourself

Go Faulk Yourself

Junko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,113 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:14 AM

I like Nashville. The fans are classy and the team and management are great too.

I don't know why they're on the list.

Absolutely agreed,

Canucks are without a doubt my favourite team but if there was ever a second it would be Nashville.

9HRDQZn.gif

St. Louis Blues STHS GM small.png

Colorado Avalanche EHL GM small.png

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.