Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

All Terrorists are Muslim... Except the 94% that aren't

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
215 replies to this topic

#211 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,094 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

Your beliefs are slowing down progress in society though. Both scientific & social progress. Anti gay marriage and creationism are the two most obvious examples, then there's anti stem cell research, anti prophylactic propeganda in Africa that spreads AIDS, the protection of pederasts in the Catholic church... the list is long and damning.

I'm not denying those - but that not all of us - that is, not every Christian is "anti _________ "

Edited by Heretic, 30 July 2012 - 08:06 AM.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#212 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

Fully agree with that...

Proof:

I'm fine with people not believing what I believe - but to say I have my "panty's in a knot" or that I'm "gullible" or "stupid" or "my belief is slowing down progress" or "blame religion for everything" or "my belief is a cancer on society" is just ignorant...

Welcome back H2H?

If you cannot see that your tired, Bronze-Age philosophies are indeed slowing down progress you have proven my point for "blind" "gullible" and "oblivious". Never mind the fact that in the post I made saying I wanted religion eradicated I never once used the word "stupid", for you to glean that actual term reeks of a guilty conscience. I will stand by an earlier reference to those who study religion wasting their life though. If you want to live your life and believe this nonsense because you just want to double-down, because there may be a very very miniscule chance that you may be right, who am I to stop you. But if you don't wish to be ridiculed for having such absurd beliefs....well...maybe you shouldn't HAVE such absurd beliefs.
Posted Image

#213 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,094 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

If you cannot see that your tired, Bronze-Age philosophies are indeed slowing down progress you have proven my point for "blind" "gullible" and "oblivious". Never mind the fact that in the post I made saying I wanted religion eradicated I never once used the word "stupid", for you to glean that actual term reeks of a guilty conscience. I will stand by an earlier reference to those who study religion wasting their life though. If you want to live your life and believe this nonsense because you just want to double-down, because there may be a very very miniscule chance that you may be right, who am I to stop you. But if you don't wish to be ridiculed for having such absurd beliefs....well...maybe you shouldn't HAVE such absurd beliefs.

It has nothing to do with being "ridiculed" - it's the hypocrisy of it.

Just say you don't like it and be done with it - I'm fine with that.

Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#214 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

It has nothing to do with being "ridiculed" - it's the hypocrisy of it.

Just say you don't like it and be done with it - I'm fine with that.

It's obvious I don't like it...but hate is such a strong term that I would never use it in serious conversation. I don't like the belief...but I do not dislike the believers themselves. It isn't the believers (in most cases) standing in the way of progress, it's the belief...and once again, I'm not only referring to the Christians...I feel the same about all of the major religious institutions of this world.

I will give you an example that has become very relevant as we swing towards election time, ok? Mitt Romney, when asked what programs he would eliminate to "cut costs", said Planned Parenthood, almost immediately. This past February, he announced his support for the Blunt amendment, a bill that was introduced to restrict access to birth control by allowing any employer the right to deny health insurance coverage for any benefit based on a “moral” conviction. Not just that, this guy believes that states should have the right to ban contraception. Now, Romney is a Mormon, I recognize this, but his foolish beliefs, if elected, are going to stand in the way of progress. Tired, old-fashioned beliefs may have worked in past decades...but none of it has any relevance in the modern world, and that includes all major religions and their belief systems.

Edited by Slaytanic Wehrmacht, 30 July 2012 - 09:39 AM.

Posted Image

#215 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,094 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

It's obvious I don't like it...but hate is such a strong term that I would never use it in serious conversation. I don't like the belief...but I do not dislike the believers themselves. It isn't the believers (in most cases) standing in the way of progress, it's the belief...and once again, I'm not only referring to the Christians...I feel the same about all of the major religious institutions of this world.

I can accept that (not that anyone needs my acceptance) - though I do dislike some "believers" out there...

Posted Image

#216 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

I can accept that (not that anyone needs my acceptance) - though I do dislike some "believers" out there...

Listen Heretic, I'm not placing you in this at all...but the pushier members of the community who share your beliefs make it very very easy to dislike the belief...not to mention pretty easy to dislike those believers as well.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.