The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead games

NP-4815162342

The one that is out now based on the comics I really like its cool how you get to make hard choice and characterize but I'm also very excited about first person shooter walking dead game based on the tv show which is being made by activision

Wanted to know what you guys think of these games

The one that is out now based on the comics I really like its cool how you get to make hard choice and characterize but I'm also very excited about first person shooter walking dead game based on the tv show which is being made by activision

Wanted to know what you guys think of these games

342-i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.png

• 1 year later...

Really? For me it just made me want to play season two even more.

For five bucks I got a couple hours of gameplay out of it. I'll take that for what it's worth.

Well yeah, it made me really want to play Season 2.

But the 500 Days thing, it seemed like it was over pretty quickly. I never got attached at all to the characters because their scenes were too short to get drawn into. I kind of just played it to play it.

Well yeah, it made me really want to play Season 2.

But the 500 Days thing, it seemed like it was over pretty quickly. I never got attached at all to the characters because their scenes were too short to get drawn into. I kind of just played it to play it.

What did you end up with? I got everybody to join that community. I wonder who Clem will bump into.

I bought one of the walking dead games because of all the hype surrounding the series, and because I like the show. But honestly I couldn't keep playing it after half an hour. It felt like I was just walking around from conversation to conversation. Didn't feel like much of a game to me.

I bought one of the walking dead games because of all the hype surrounding the series, and because I like the show. But honestly I couldn't keep playing it after half an hour. It felt like I was just walking around from conversation to conversation. Didn't feel like much of a game to me.

I don't think it's really supposed to be a "game". It's all about the story.

I don't think it's really supposed to be a "game". It's all about the story.

Which sucked, lol. Well, if you like the show, then yeah it can be enjoyable, as it takes all its cues from that. They are both incredibly poorly written either way.

Though on the gameplay front, I think it is totally valid to consider how it works. It is an adventure game, and I am a fan of he genre. They make for slow paced games, and do not offer too much direct interaction, but when well done, they can make for a totally engrossing experience.

I think this game is below par on gameplay though. Puzzles rarely occur, and when they do, they are incredibly simplistic. The hidden item aspect is decent considering the dynamic perspective it uses in angles, but again, it is not particularly challenging either way.

And the choose your own adventure aspect, well there is nothing there, as any choices you make do not give you control, or influence the outcome of the story. It is a purely linear game. The start, middle, and every point in-between are the same, despite what the game claims.

The one thing of the gameplay that I liked were the quick time events and action parts. I know that sounds incredibly odd to praise quick time events, especially in an adventure game, but those really added tension in places where it was supposed to be. Made you feel like yours and others lives were on the line, during those brief moments.

Though I think it comes back to the poor story and lack of choices in the end that bring down whatever the game had going for it. There were a lot of bright moments, especially early on in the game. But instead of offering a complex and well designed game it opts for cheap emotional shock, and a trite predictable plot lines.

Which sucked, lol. Well, if you like the show, then yeah it can be enjoyable, as it takes all its cues from that. They are both incredibly poorly written either way.

Though on the gameplay front, I think it is totally valid to consider how it works. It is an adventure game, and I am a fan of he genre. They make for slow paced games, and do not offer too much direct interaction, but when well done, they can make for a totally engrossing experience.

I think this game is below par on gameplay though. Puzzles rarely occur, and when they do, they are incredibly simplistic. The hidden item aspect is decent considering the dynamic perspective it uses in angles, but again, it is not particularly challenging either way.

And the choose your own adventure aspect, well there is nothing there, as any choices you make do not give you control, or influence the outcome of the story. It is a purely linear game. The start, middle, and every point in-between are the same, despite what the game claims.

The one thing of the gameplay that I liked were the quick time events and action parts. I know that sounds incredibly odd to praise quick time events, especially in an adventure game, but those really added tension in places where it was supposed to be. Made you feel like yours and others lives were on the line, during those brief moments.

Though I think it comes back to the poor story and lack of choices in the end that bring down whatever the game had going for it. There were a lot of bright moments, especially early on in the game. But instead of offering a complex and well designed game it opts for cheap emotional shock, and a trite predictable plot lines.

The story was alright for me I suppose, but I did absolutely enjoy the game.

I think basically if you don't feel for Clementine and Lee as characters, then you won't necessarily dive into it.

There was a few who I wish didn't die, and I tried everything I could to prevent it. Retried some scenes a few times also. It took until I looked it up online that you couldn't change the outcome.

The story was alright for me I suppose, but I did absolutely enjoy the game.

I think basically if you don't feel for Clementine and Lee as characters, then you won't necessarily dive into it.

There was a few who I wish didn't die, and I tried everything I could to prevent it. Retried some scenes a few times also. It took until I looked it up online that you couldn't change the outcome.

I cared for them initially, but that faded as the game itself did.

The second they took away control, or revealed that I had none in the first place, that was when my frustration with the game started. The 3rd episode was complete BS in every way. The 4th was pretty good, but the 5th just goes back to doing what the 3rd did, if not to a worse degree.

I think the biggest issue was that they forced on a second season to this thing. Made it so they had to decide who lives and dies, so that only the same specific 3 can walk away in the end and exist for future episodes. It's incredibly limiting, and seriously unnecessary. They could have had a season 2 that just focussed on new characters, and a new story, but instead they chose a direct continuation. It just makes for 2 seasons of crap.

Archived