The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chris Tanev

Hogs & Podz

Watched the video on CDC about Chris today. He has put on some muscle. Don't know how much weight he has gained so far this summer but he looks way more solid! The way he is filling out he may get close to a Ohlund size (without the bone crushing hits) I expect big things from him going forward. I predict that he will solitify his position in the top 6 and fill in higher if needed. If he does step it up a couple of notches along with Ballard, the top 6 look really solid this year. :towel:

Ohlund is huge (6'4", 240 lb., BMI of 29.2). Tanev has a couple more years of muscle building if he wants to get to the size of Ohlund. By comparison, Tanev's latest numbers as per NHL.com are 6'2", 185 lb. for a BMI of 23.8. At most he'd have gained 10 pounds, so at 195 lb. he'd have a BMI of 25.0.

If he were to be the size of Ohlund then he'd have to weigh 227 lb., which looks to be an extra 30 pounds of weight.

Ohlund is huge (6'4", 240 lb., BMI of 29.2). Tanev has a couple more years of muscle building if he wants to get to the size of Ohlund. By comparison, Tanev's latest numbers as per NHL.com are 6'2", 185 lb. for a BMI of 23.8. At most he'd have gained 10 pounds, so at 195 lb. he'd have a BMI of 25.0.

If he were to be the size of Ohlund then he'd have to weigh 227 lb., which looks to be an extra 30 pounds of weight.

July2612_tanev19_slide.jpg

I thought this picture was really cool. True fans should be able to name the players left to right. Btw Gaunce and Jensen look the same height even though Jensen is listed at 6'3" and Gaunce at 6'2".

BTW these are all Canucks in our system, good to see them train together in mid July.

He can get as big as he wants and still not play physically. That part of his game has to change from within - he has to seek the hit every now and then because I don't remember ever seeing Tanev go for a solid hit.

He has positioning and stick work down nicely, but he doesn't know when to go for a hit and when not to. So far he's played very tentatively and stuck to safe hockey, but Tanev needs to learn how and more importantly when to hit.

Still a lot of development to go, I would like to see him play no more than 40 NHL games next season. We need another depth defenceman like Jurcina, Vandemeer etc. because I don't want to see a cycle of Alberts, Ballard, Joslin and Tanev on our bottom pairing.

He can get as big as he wants and still not play physically. That part of his game has to change from within - he has to seek the hit every now and then because I don't remember ever seeing Tanev go for a solid hit.

He has positioning and stick work down nicely, but he doesn't know when to go for a hit and when not to. So far he's played very tentatively and stuck to safe hockey, but Tanev needs to learn how and more importantly when to hit.

Still a lot of development to go, I would like to see him play no more than 40 NHL games next season. We need another depth defenceman like Jurcina, Vandemeer etc. because I don't want to see a cycle of Alberts, Ballard, Joslin and Tanev on our bottom pairing.

July2612_tanev19_slide.jpg

I thought this picture was really cool. True fans should be able to name the players left to right. Btw Gaunce and Jensen look the same height even though Jensen is listed at 6'3" and Gaunce at 6'2".

BTW these are all Canucks in our system, good to see them train together in mid July.

Yeaaah right!

Looks scary, like the bull in a bullfight, to me... :picard::sadno::sick:

July2612_tanev18_slide.jpg

Watched the video on CDC about Chris today. He has put on some muscle. Don't know how much weight he has gained so far this summer but he looks way more solid! The way he is filling out he may get close to a Ohlund size (without the bone crushing hits) I expect big things from him going forward. I predict that he will solitify his position in the top 6 and fill in higher if needed. If he does step it up a couple of notches along with Ballard, the top 6 look really solid this year. :towel:

Archived