The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Doan: Would you do it?

Line Juggler

Doan is a great player but not worth that kind of money. It is beyond belief what some of the players are signing for....Semin $7.5M?

I would rather give Jensen a shot at playing than overpay for a veteran who has scored 30 goals once. It would be great to have Doan on the Canucks but if that is what he wants....no thanks.

If I were MG, I would do everything that I could to get Ryan in a Canucks jersey.

I'd compare this to the first NHL CBA proposal. He's asking for the moon and seeing if someone will blink.

If Doan is serious about going to a legit cup contender I'm pretty sure he is not getting this deal. Only team I see that might be desperate enough to do it is Detroit since they have a ton of cap space and has been shut down from all the top prizes so far.

For a 35 years old player who is around 20 - 25 goals a year, and probably declining each year he's on contract? No, not worth it. Not unless the Canucks really have hard evidence Doan is willing to bring his heart and soul to this team, sufficient to help the forward lines increase their scoring power.

He may be exactly what we need, but I don't think Management will bite this time, especially after being burned by the likes of Sundin, Messier, Schneider, etc.

as much as i want Doan in a canucks uniform, he is not in any way worth close to 7.5 mil a year. and 4 years? nope. he will be 36 when the season starts, and will be 40 by the time he's done with the 4 year contract. NO, thank you. walk away, Gillis.

This report is ridicules...

"A source told Globe and Mail hockey columnist David Shoalts on Friday"

"a source" could be freakin samjam99; this has as much validity as "Luongo deal done with toronto, to be announced on July 1st"

Can you really see Shane Doan insisting on 30 mil 4 years?... such crap.

I'll believe it when I see it... "a source" doesn't cut it for me.

Whatever team signs him to the rumoured 4 year contract is stuck with a 7.5 mil cap hit should he retire before it runs out, that would kill any hope for contending teams.

There's no way id sign him to that.

Archived