The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Doan: Would you do it?

Line Juggler

It's funny how people are getting so hostile towards Doan over unsubstantiated rumors. Anyone here ever play Telephone? Let me sum something up for you:

A team has offered 4 year, $30m contract to Doan

Doan was offered a 4 year, $30m contract

Doan wants a 4 year, $30m contract

Doan won't sign for less than a 4 year, $30m contract

David Shoalts: Shane Doan won't sign for less than a 4 year, $30m contract. It's official, because my sources say so.

Until Doan or his agent come out and say "We want 7.5 per year, minimum 4 years", don't believe any of the BS that media spews. Doan has stated there are things more important to him than how many millions he makes.

Remember when Garrison was reported to be demanding 6 mil+? Yeah, what happened there....

"Chris Pronger is a 35 and over contract and given that his post concussion syndrome has pretty much ended his career, Philly will be hit by this rule."

Pronger is not a good example as he is off on long term injury and his cap hit does not count.

Now if he were to foolishly retire then he does not get paid and the Flyers are on the cap hook for his remaining term.

Does Doan deserve more money than anyone that currently under contract on the Canucks?

No, he does not. The Sedin's are making 6.1 mil avg. So why should Doan make 7.5 a year?

Not worth it, if he was 5 - 6 shmil then it would be a good possiblility.

I respect the loyalty, but if thats the kind of money he wants, let him stay in there.

"In 1,119 career NHL games - all with Winnipeg/Phoenix, Doan has scored 296 goals and 738 points"I don't understand how a player who scores on average about 20 goals/year over his career and puts up roughly 0.66PPG can ask or get anything close to 7.5M/year. Even 5M/year is a joke.

First here's the wikipedia paragraph of the rule

Chris Pronger is a 35 and over contract and given that his post concussion syndrome has pretty much ended his career, Philly will be hit by this rule.

Archived