The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fact: Manny Malholtra Must Be Gone by the Beginning of the Season!

Pasific Coluseum

In fact, aside from Jannik Hansen and maybe Chris Higgins, there really are no other players on this team who can (and have demonstrated the ability to) fulfill this obligation. Lapierre, Weise, Ebbet, Ballard, Tanev, Kassian, Raymond, and Booth are all utterly useless in the post-season, in terms of providing offensive production to take the pressure of the this team's top line and Kesler.

All of you who are tearing down the original proposal for Malhotra to be gone simply because he's a member of this team, is a good leader in the room, and/or has good defensive abilities really need to start questioning your motives. Who are this team's role players in the playoffs--you know, the unsuspecting guys who are able to make a big difference when the games really count and the opposition is focusing every ounce of energy they have on shutting down this team's top 3-4 offensive and defensive players? Malhotra sure has never been one of those guys, with his total two career playoff points. In fact, aside from Jannik Hansen and maybe Chris Higgins, there really are no other players on this team who can (and have demonstrated the ability to) fulfill this obligation. Lapierre, Weise, Ebbet, Ballard, Tanev, Kassian, Raymond, and Booth are all utterly useless in the post-season, in terms of providing offensive production to take the pressure of the this team's top line and Kesler. Now after considering this information, take a look at just the 3rd line centers of some of the most recent Stanley Cup-winning teams: Jarret Stoll (averages between 20 and 25 goals a season), Jordan Stall (no need to say anything more), Dave Bolland (shut-down center, great agitator, and regular 15-20 goal scorer).

This team, its management, as well as its fans all need to start getting a little more heartless when it comes to making this team better. And before you begin attacking me by demanding that I provide a better alternative than our current roster, I need to point out that my argument is not that there are better options currently available (though, I do believe this to be true), but that the presence of "character" and "heart" need to take a backseat in some situations such as this one. Malhotra will be lucky if he breaks double-digits in total points this season, and with no one else surrounding the Canucks' star players who can chip in--especially when it really counts--leadership qualities need to be sacrificed in order to be replaced with the ability to actually make a tangible difference on the scoreboard.

P.s. I'm not attempting to defend the original idea of trying to bring in Dominic Moore in the least.

Fact? Meh. More like a suggestion. I'm sure it's been thought of by management, but likely they're still planning on making Lappy a legit 3rd line center and/or having a proper offseason to help Manny's overall game to recover.

Stem cell therapy (or something like that) for Manny's eye. Deal with it?

Archived