The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fact: Manny Malholtra Must Be Gone by the Beginning of the Season!

Pasific Coluseum

Manny's return from his eye injury reminds me of Ohlund.

But, with apologies to CanuckCup1316, in my opinion, Ohlund did not ever fully recover.

He may have gone on to win the Norris if not for the permanent damage.

He was definitely my favorite Canuck, Swede, defenceman, etc.

[i believe his infrequent violent outbursts were sometimes (e.g.Koivu elbow attempt to that side) exasperation caused by guys who took advantage too often of his bad side.]

Manny too now has, I believe, a bad side.

Professional hockey players are going to take advantage of any weakness in their opponents.

He's a great guy and a valuable asset for the team.

If his eye can recover some more, and the team can work around the difficulties, he can still be a positive force for us.

although I don't agree with the thread, I don't understand why everyone is coming to malhotras defence. especially while everyone is ripping apart Mason Raymond. Raymond has more points in about 20 less games along with a better +/- . to top it all off mason gets paid less and is younger!

Everyone knows his time is done not only as a Canuck but in the NHL. His eye has effected his play to a point where he has become worse than a 4th line enforcer. Great guy, good personality and good teammate but a tragic situation.

Buy out his contract or send him down to the wolves where he can coach like Baumgarnter.

Then we sign DOMINICK MOORE. Perfect replacement suited for 3rd line.

If Malhotra comes back and plays because the Canucks feel sorry for him then I will be incensed.

I guarantee he'll be a liability and will only be used for faceoffs since thats the only thing he can do.

I think Manny's eyesight is fine. No way he keeps his faceoff percentage so high if it was still a problem.

From what I saw, the reason for the drop-off was a lack of offseason training. And, of course, with the eye injury and treatments he was undergoing, he couldn't train like he normally would. But this year? I expect him to improve a lot.

:picard:

What's next? Let's trade the water boys, stick boys and towel boys 'cause WE NEEDZ DOMINIC MOORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Get over it OP.

Dominic. Moore. Is. Not. Ever. Going. To. Play. For. The. Canucks. NEVER.

Try reviewing a little Canucks history. Dominic Moore will never sign with the Canucks.

Looking forward to seeing Manny on the ice come October! ::D

I guess I'm just not one of "Everyone", eh?

• 5 months later...

Archived