Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 10 votes

Fact: Manny Malholtra Must Be Gone by the Beginning of the Season!

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#31 Burrows91

Burrows91

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

False
2iaadl5.jpg

Credit: -Vintage Canuck-

#32 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

as painful a thread as I've read !!

#33 PrimeMinisterBure

PrimeMinisterBure

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

All of you who are tearing down the original proposal for Malhotra to be gone simply because he's a member of this team, is a good leader in the room, and/or has good defensive abilities really need to start questioning your motives. Who are this team's role players in the playoffs--you know, the unsuspecting guys who are able to make a big difference when the games really count and the opposition is focusing every ounce of energy they have on shutting down this team's top 3-4 offensive and defensive players? Malhotra sure has never been one of those guys, with his total two career playoff points. In fact, aside from Jannik Hansen and maybe Chris Higgins, there really are no other players on this team who can (and have demonstrated the ability to) fulfill this obligation. Lapierre, Weise, Ebbet, Ballard, Tanev, Kassian, Raymond, and Booth are all utterly useless in the post-season, in terms of providing offensive production to take the pressure of the this team's top line and Kesler. Now after considering this information, take a look at just the 3rd line centers of some of the most recent Stanley Cup-winning teams: Jarret Stoll (averages between 20 and 25 goals a season), Jordan Stall (no need to say anything more), Dave Bolland (shut-down center, great agitator, and regular 15-20 goal scorer).

This team, its management, as well as its fans all need to start getting a little more heartless when it comes to making this team better. And before you begin attacking me by demanding that I provide a better alternative than our current roster, I need to point out that my argument is not that there are better options currently available (though, I do believe this to be true), but that the presence of "character" and "heart" need to take a backseat in some situations such as this one. Malhotra will be lucky if he breaks double-digits in total points this season, and with no one else surrounding the Canucks' star players who can chip in--especially when it really counts--leadership qualities need to be sacrificed in order to be replaced with the ability to actually make a tangible difference on the scoreboard.

P.s. I'm not attempting to defend the original idea of trying to bring in Dominic Moore in the least.

Edited by PrimeMinisterBure, 28 July 2012 - 05:16 PM.

#34 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Fact: Either you're trolling, or your opinion is based on inadequate information.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#35 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,000 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

With the career threatening injury he had in '11, I really think he can have a comeback year next year. It's not all of the points that matter, it's about the leadership qualities and he has those. He is a great defensive forward with good size and speed. Not to mention about the face-off ability.

We'll see.

307mg00.jpg

#36 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

With the career threatening injury he had in '11, I really think he can have a comeback year next year. It's not all of the points that matter, it's about the leadership qualities and he has those. He is a great defensive forward with good size and speed. Not to mention about the face-off ability.

We'll see.

Definitely. But if we could replace him with someone of similar ability that isn't a complete dud in the playoffs offensively speaking, we most certainly should. Two goals in 35 games should be unacceptable by everyone's standards. A single goal by him and the fourth line in game 7 against the Bruins could have very well turned the tide.
Posted Image

#37 nucklehead2

nucklehead2

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

U sir make the stupidest and most pointless threads on this site, if it wasnt for the mods im sure u would be getting alot more crap thrown at u by blue bottomed monkeys. Go do everyone a favour and get your mom too dress u and wipe your bum so she can send u outside in your "Star Treck" tshirt and sweatpants from highschool so u can go get your ass kicked in real life for having such ridiculous thoughts come into your warped little mind. It is people with ideas like u that make forums ridiculously pointless.

#38 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 72,000 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

Definitely. But if we could replace him with someone of similar ability that isn't a complete dud in the playoffs offensively speaking, we most certainly should. Two goals in 35 games should be unacceptable by everyone's standards. A single goal by him and the fourth line in game 7 against the Bruins could have very well turned the tide.

Indeed. Well it's premature to say that the serious eye injury ended his career. But I would love to him back on the 4th line but not at $2.5M that he is earning right now. Maybe more around $1.7M? As you said, if we were to acquire another forward like Manny I wouldn't mind that either depending who he is and at the right price.

307mg00.jpg

#39 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,843 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

U sir make the stupidest and most pointless threads on this site, if it wasnt for the mods im sure u would be getting alot more crap thrown at u by blue bottomed monkeys. Go do everyone a favour and get your mom too dress u and wipe your bum so she can send u outside in your "Star Treck" tshirt and sweatpants from highschool so u can go get your ass kicked in real life for having such ridiculous thoughts come into your warped little mind. It is people with ideas like u that make forums ridiculously pointless.

You, Sir, are well named .. :lol:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#40 Horvat x 53

Horvat x 53

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

Pasific Coluseum

how can you call yourself a hockey fan?

Moore - Vancouver...

Didnt a vancouver player nearly kill a moore one time. Ya im sure moore would love to come to van

uA4Bucw.png

Leaguegaming.com 

Largest 6's league in the world for the xbox360/one

LGHL S18 Minnesota Wild LW 

LGPS S2 Money Tournament Dream Team LW 

#41 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

In fact, aside from Jannik Hansen and maybe Chris Higgins, there really are no other players on this team who can (and have demonstrated the ability to) fulfill this obligation. Lapierre, Weise, Ebbet, Ballard, Tanev, Kassian, Raymond, and Booth are all utterly useless in the post-season, in terms of providing offensive production to take the pressure of the this team's top line and Kesler.

Um, half those players have had next to no playoff experience to speak of for you to base that off of. You are basing that off of a single 5 game series against the eventual SC winner. Kassian, Weise and Tanev are rookies, so they are terrible examples. Booth just played his first series. Ebbett isn't anything more than a depth guy. Raymond, well we all know Raymonds troubles. Ballard actually looked good in the LA series. Lapierre's purpose is not goal scoring, he's a shutdown player. He plays an essential role on our team, as an agitating, shutdown centre, who can at times score as well. He can play on our third line, and would probably get 15-20 goals in the season, or play on the fourth line, where he is perfect. But are you saying that he is useless because he doesn't score? Raymond gets more points than him, maybe you'd rather have Raymond than Lapierre.

#42 Konman

Konman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

It takes a pretty outstanding character to misspell "Pacific".

LOL......LOL......LOL.....

#43 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,123 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

I uh.....what?

Wow you let him off easy. Didn't drink your razor blade smoothie today?
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#44 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,565 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

Wow you let him off easy. Didn't drink your razor blade smoothie today?

That would taste horrible...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

Look for Manny Malhotra to have a bounce back year and return to form. Good thing the person who posted this is not the GM, you don't just buyout players for having a mediocre season after a major injury.

No Gillis simply lowballs them and then lets them walk away for nothing where they end up being a major component of a Stanley Cup win.

#46 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,701 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

Flames fans...

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#47 StevenStamkos

StevenStamkos

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

:picard:

Fact: You misspelled pacific.

Fact: You might be trolling

Fact: If you are not trolling, god help the intelligence level of our fan base.

Follow me on twitter! @RealStamkos91

#48 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

I dont think the nucks have the heart to trade manny or cut him. They will play out his contact this year. He may end up in a limited role but they wont cut him
Posted Image

#49 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

I hate these thread titles...

Fact..........

Must read........

Trade (rather than proposal)

Interesting..........

Can't you people come up with thread titles that aren't full of BS and hyperbole?
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#50 The Lock

The Lock

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

All of you who are tearing down the original proposal for Malhotra to be gone simply because he's a member of this team, is a good leader in the room, and/or has good defensive abilities really need to start questioning your motives. Who are this team's role players in the playoffs--you know, the unsuspecting guys who are able to make a big difference when the games really count and the opposition is focusing every ounce of energy they have on shutting down this team's top 3-4 offensive and defensive players? Malhotra sure has never been one of those guys, with his total two career playoff points. In fact, aside from Jannik Hansen and maybe Chris Higgins, there really are no other players on this team who can (and have demonstrated the ability to) fulfill this obligation. Lapierre, Weise, Ebbet, Ballard, Tanev, Kassian, Raymond, and Booth are all utterly useless in the post-season, in terms of providing offensive production to take the pressure of the this team's top line and Kesler. Now after considering this information, take a look at just the 3rd line centers of some of the most recent Stanley Cup-winning teams: Jarret Stoll (averages between 20 and 25 goals a season), Jordan Stall (no need to say anything more), Dave Bolland (shut-down center, great agitator, and regular 15-20 goal scorer).

This team, its management, as well as its fans all need to start getting a little more heartless when it comes to making this team better. And before you begin attacking me by demanding that I provide a better alternative than our current roster, I need to point out that my argument is not that there are better options currently available (though, I do believe this to be true), but that the presence of "character" and "heart" need to take a backseat in some situations such as this one. Malhotra will be lucky if he breaks double-digits in total points this season, and with no one else surrounding the Canucks' star players who can chip in--especially when it really counts--leadership qualities need to be sacrificed in order to be replaced with the ability to actually make a tangible difference on the scoreboard.

P.s. I'm not attempting to defend the original idea of trying to bring in Dominic Moore in the least.

I think there's a borderline between being intelligent and over-thinking. This seems more like over-thinking. Where were the Canucks before we started getting character players? Oh yeah.... out of the playoffs...

You seem to think getting players like Stoll and Bolland are easy. Those players would be expensive to get given their roles, so how do you propose we actually find these other "non-character" players?

In fact, what defines characters and non-character even? Are you saying that Stoll, Stall, and Bolland are non-character?
This thread was really just a figment of your imagination...

#51 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#52 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,521 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

Fact? Meh. More like a suggestion. I'm sure it's been thought of by management, but likely they're still planning on making Lappy a legit 3rd line center and/or having a proper offseason to help Manny's overall game to recover.

Stem cell therapy (or something like that) for Manny's eye. Deal with it?
Posted Image

#53 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

Clearly Malhotra is the problem with this team.

Moron.
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#54 The Lock

The Lock

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

Clearly Malhotra is the problem with this team.

Moron.

Clearly, if we get rid of Malhotra, the team will win the Stanley Cup, cancer will be cured, and world peace will begin.

It's pure logic! Don't you get it?!
This thread was really just a figment of your imagination...

#55 consciouscanadian

consciouscanadian

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

the only place malholtra will go is the hallway closet on his knees too pay a visit to mr gillis. MG loves him and when he was healthy i can see why

what's that mean.

#56 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

what's that mean.

Does it really need to be spelled out? :picard:

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#57 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

Let him have a full off season of training before righting him off. The guy didn't train at all last season because he had MORE eye procedures. I think he will be much better this season!
:towel:

#58 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

Posted Image

When a Facepalm just won't cut it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#59 CanucskDominateOnceAgain

CanucskDominateOnceAgain

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

I think you should be banned from making dumb threads. Malhotra still a good player, for a 3rd liner. If you think you can do a better job, then by all means, get some skates, sign a contract, and see how well you can do.

#60 CamTheCanuckFan

CamTheCanuckFan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

AH HELL NO! :P Manny malholtra is a beast we gotta keep him

seahd2.jpg

:towel: Thanks To VC For The Sig!  :towel:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.