The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AV needs to let him play

Erik Karlsson

Or it could be that he just wasn't ready to contribute yet. He was good when he first came here, but his play dropped off after that. He would have got more ice time if he would have played better. Keep in mind that's a highlight video, so it only shows his best plays. So far Kassian has shown flashes of being a brilliant player, but he needs to do it more consistently if he wants a bigger role on the team.

Not sure what kassian did to get the crazy respect you all show for him. but if you are willing to bend over that easy for someone that has accomplished nothing in the nhl it will be easy for MG to pull the wool over your eyes for years to come.

not sure why some canuck FANS don't have respect for the guy, all i've heard from this offseason is he has been working extremely hard to make the lineup this year. The guy is 21 years old and has a lot of potential to be a great player in the NHL, and obviously he hasn't accomplished that much because he's so young, did hodgson accomplish more than him last year? I don't believe so

Or it could be that he just wasn't ready to contribute yet. He was good when he first came here, but his play dropped off after that. He would have got more ice time if he would have played better. Keep in mind that's a highlight video, so it only shows his best plays. So far Kassian has shown flashes of being a brilliant player, but he needs to do it more consistently if he wants a bigger role on the team.

Imagine us in a couple years with the way were drafting:

Jensen-Gaunce-Kassian!!!!!

Trade Luongo for Howden,Ellerby and Petrovic

Trade Higgins + Ballard for Berglund+

Jensen-Gaunce-Kassian

Howden-Berglung-Ellerby

We could be the next Boston Bruins with that mix of Size,Skill and toughness.

First off...I doubt Jesus would make a good power forward...he's a little too passive, if you know what I mean. :bigblush:

The kid has not proven he can be the next PF for the Nucks but neither have any of our top 6. We don't really have a big, mean PF capable of playing in the top 6 though Kassian does show the potential to be that guy. He's the closest thing we have to a Doan or Arnott type of forward and I hope he gets a chance to land a spot this year. After watching the way our top 6 have underperformed and been pushed around int the last 2 years of playoff hockey, we need Kassian (or someone like him) on this team in the worst way.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Raymond - Matthias? - Hansen

Malhotra - Lapierre - Kassian

If I was AV I would start him on the 4th line and let him work his way up through. We just need a little patience before we see him jumping into the top 6. But I wouldn't mind Kassian on the 3rd line either to begin with.

Jensen-Gaunce-Kassian

Howden-Berglung-Ellerby

Jensen-Gaunce-Kassian

Howden-Berglung-Ellerby

Archived