The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Henrik Sedin vs Eric Staal?

PaulKariyaALH

Sedin vs Staal  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Staal is better because he didnt have the talent we do sorounding him he is stronger on the puck then henrik he can score and pass henrik is pass first hes physical (lit up his own brother) staal is a warrior will do anything to win ut saying that you cant really compare one sedin to another player you kinda have to include both

Yeah I hate when people use Cup rings as an argument for why an individual player is better than another. The Cup is a TEAM award, and it takes a whole group to win it, so you can't use it say one player is better than another, unless that play completely carried the team to the Cup. That never happens, unless you're a goalie, and even then you still need guys to score on the other end.

Plus they don't even use the argument consistently. They only use it to argue against players who they consider soft/chokers. I hear people use the "no Cups" argument against the Sedins, but I don't hear anyone use it against guys like Nash or Stamkos or Iginla or Linden. Sometimes this will even happen: In a debate over who's better, Player A or B, a fan will use the "no Cups" aargument against Player A, even though Player B hasn't won either. The only reason they do this is because Player B is a grittier player.

Staal has the 'Early success syndrome' that effects alot of great Canadian players. Like Lecavlier, Getzlaf, Toews ect. They just don't care as much now because they already dominated and won a cup. Crosby is an exception to this because he is super elite.

Now that Jordan is going to Carolina I think that will re-motivate the sleeping giant Eric. If the Staal's had a chance to play together as long as the Sedin's I think they could be even better with their size and toughness. They obviously have the skills.

Eric staal is a great player and by no means should be classified as a bad one but he isn't in the same league as henrik sedin. Henrik has put up more points. Though eric has a cup I'd still pick henrik any day of the week

Staal is a much tougher physical match up, while Sedin has a certain magic few can hang with in the skills department.

And its a team game, where Sedin has had a bigger impact on lifting the level of his team the last 5 years...

Sedin in the end...

Archived