The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Jerseys owners:

jonnycanuck46

• 2 weeks later...

After buying three jerseys of the same player, it is obvious you are a fan of his no? If you are a fan of Luongo then I think you can answer your own question about what to do with his jersey even if he gets traded. I will keep mine with pride and when he comes back to play as a visiting team member, I will wear it to the game. I still have my Bure jersey from 1994, my Linden jersey from 1992. Being a fan of a player doesn't mean you dump him just because he has moved on. Luongo is being traded thru no fault of his own doing.

It really saddens me thinking about how some of the fans in this city just love to bury goalies and throw them under the bus. Do people even remember the old prank photo of the Canucks team with only Luongo in it back in '07? What the hell happened to everyone? God damn bangwagon seriously needs to be burnt. (Not saying the OP is a bandwagoner mind you) This city's fans sicken me sometimes. At least the Laffs fans are stupidly loyal...Some of us in Canuck land are just royally stupid.

Having been a hockey fan since 2000 (looong story there) I remember the Canucks being let down time after time by the goalie. Luongo changed all that. I think some have short memories. Even watching games online in Australia as I have for 12 years, I can see the difference Luongo has made to this team. He's statistically our all time leading goalie but he's been so much more than that. I believe he's lifted the standard of the whole organization. He's been our captain & a mentor to Schneider. Luongo's value is badly understated IMO. I will keep my Luongo jersey & wear it with pride. I have done great memories of Luongo (and also some not do good) but I'll always remember what he's done for my beloved Canucks. Personally, I'll be sad to see him go but I'll be hoping he succeeds wherever he lands. He deserves that.

Archived