The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE]

DollarAndADream

Just to re-announce to everyone.

Trade negotiations are now again allowed.

Please forward all trade requests to DollarAndADream with a completed capgeek roster which includes all current one-way contracts on your team. If you have completed multiple trades with multiple teams, include all trades in one message with one most updated capgeek roster.

*FOR TONIGHT ONLY PLEASE FORWARD ALL TRADES TO MPT FOR APPROVAL AS DOLLARANDADREAM WILL BE OUT UNTIL MIDNIGHT*

With the volume of trades that are being received prior to the release of the game, we need to be more organized.

Please have your trades sent in the following format:

EXAMPLE

Title of message: Trade Alert - Los Angeles and New Jersey

Or if there are multiple trades: Trade Alert - Multiple Trades involving New Jersey

To Los Angeles

Dustin Brown (3.175M)

To New Jersey

Patrick Elias (6M)

Cam Janssen (0.575M)

NJ 3rd round pick (2014)

To Vancouver

Adam Henrique (0.854166M)

To New Jersey

Zack Kassian (0.870M)

Capgeek roster posted here

Trades that are sent in that are not in that format will not be made official until they are re-sent in this format.

Teams that do not include every one-way contract in their capgeek will be fired from the league for attempting to circumvent the cap (so make sure your capgeeks are 100% accurate)

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / P-A Parenteau ($4.000m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Ben Eager ($1.100m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Shane O'Brien ($2.000m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Eddie Lack ($1.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,398,333; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $801,667

since Lack hasn't signed yet I just made him at 1 million. only upgrade I need is a 3rd line Center but Happy with this roster, would also do picks for a backup goalie. Schoeder could also be apart of a deal for a 3rd line C

I'm not sure what will happen when the game comes out, but any deal done before the game is released must be approved by the GM. In the game there might be an option where the commish has to approve the trades before they are official. Everything at that point will be done in game.

Sigh.

Before anyone mentions it, mpt came to me personally before this trade got close to being approved.

This is my fault for 1) giving away my hand regarding how little I think of SOB (ID DO IT AGAIN) and 2) not shopping him as thoroughly as I should have.

I made a deal, and I won't pull it back just because I look like an utter moron now. Well done, mpt.

You guys do realize that:

a) There are tons of 1-way contracts in the AHL in real life and they don't count against the cap

and

B) The game has real waiver rules unlike last year

and

c) I'd venture a guess that over half the teams are under the cap floor and won't be able to make any of these trades they've made on the forum

and

d) Existing buyouts and bonuses won't count towards the cap in the game

... Right?

Seems like you guys are making rules that won't solve any of the actual problems this league is going to have, which is teams under the floor.

I also don't see why VAN's GM would get a free pass. I traded for Bouwmeester without anyone telling me I wouldn't get him if CGY trades him elsewhere in real life. My defense is kinda hinging on it the same way his goaltending is. He should have to live with his decisions the same way everyone else does.

You guys do realize that:

a) There are tons of 1-way contracts in the AHL in real life and they don't count against the cap

and

B) The game has real waiver rules unlike last year

and

c) I'd venture a guess that over half the teams are under the cap floor and won't be able to make any of these trades they've made on the forum

and

d) Existing buyouts and bonuses won't count towards the cap in the game

... Right?

Seems like you guys are making rules that won't solve any of the actual problems this league is going to have, which is teams under the floor.

I also don't see why VAN's GM would get a free pass. I traded for Bouwmeester without anyone telling me I wouldn't get him if CGY trades him elsewhere in real life. My defense is kinda hinging on it the same way his goaltending is. He should have to live with his decisions the same way everyone else does.

Well, after Oct 1st. They can be buried in the pre-season without clearing waivers. However, the NHL does have (I believe it's a) 10% (~7m) allowance during the off-season where teams can go over cap. As far as being under cap, well, a lot of us are moving people who are under AHL contracts and are prospects, because that's how you build your future, but many people are projecting to have 4-6 AHLers on their opening day rosters. I imagine those, and the subsequent cap space, will get filled through FA signings. So, the cap situation will work itself out.

That is true, but every player on a 1-way contract has to clear waivers at the beginning of the year before being sent down the the AHL. (not specifically because of the 1-way contract, but because of the games played/age etc)

Archived